“Lovely spot, very popular setting!”
Review of Queens Park Cafe

Queens Park Cafe
Ranked #6 of 289 Restaurants in Ipswich
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe within a large Recreational Park
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We organised a reunion lunch here just on location. We weren't disappointed, the location was beautiful!
There were lots of family groups out for the day but the venue is quite spacious and we weren't bothered by anyone.
Meals were nice, good variety. I didn't feel they were overly expensive and our coffees were hot!
We stayed there for many hours, being the last to leave.
Would go there again!

Reviewed 22 May 2014

A group of us visited the Queens Park Cafe on Sunday for Breakfast, I've heard good things about this place and was keen to experience it for myself. Before you get to excited, dont bother... you will be very disappointed.

None of our meals were aesthetically pleasing, they are overpriced and tasted average (and that's being generous). Six people ordered coffee, two were almost warm and the rest were cold, the size of the milkshake glass was small considering the price tag attached to it and a glass of juice cost $7 (I could've purchased a whole bottle for that price)! The second round of coffee's were an improvement, however still needed to be hotter.

One of the ladies in our group ordered an omelette with bacon (added into the omelette) and when it arrived there was no bacon (she even cut it up to see if they'd added it in). When they brought it back, they didnt replace the meal, they just dumped a whole heap of bacon on top of the omelette. My hash browns were cooked to oblivion, one of them had no potato in it, it was purely just the outer layer of crunch, my toast looked and tasted saaaaaaad (it looked like it had been sitting in a container with other toast stacked on top of it).

There appeared to be a lot of staff behind the counter and in the kitchen, but things seemed hectic and chaotic the whole time we were there (which was over two hours).

Honestly, this place is not worth your time and if you really want a decent breakfast that is reasonably priced and tastes amazing, I highly and strongly recommend going to Lime 5 Nine.

Hot Tip - If you want your coffee to be remotely warm, ask for it to be made extra extra hot.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

We have been here many times, and have never had a bad meal or service. The staff are very friendly and helpful. It is a beautiful Café, that overlooks Queens Park. You could very easily make a full day of entertainment with the Nature Centre, Zoo, Nerima Gardens and the Playground area and a good selection of food from the Café, with something for everyone, no matter what diet needs you may have, they seem to be able to cater for everyone. The Seafood Chowder is one of the best my husband said he has tried. Overall, I don't think you could find a better place to try in Ipswich, for something for everyone. Highly recommend to everyone.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Visited here with my family for breakfast. 3 children and 2 adults , didnt order anything too fancy but cost us over $100!!! Not in a hurry to return. Breakfast and a drink each. Nice location and service was ok.

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Good menu. Wide variety. It's licensed which is always nice. The setting is nice, we always sit outside.
We only go for breakfast usually on a Sunday morning, and find it always enjoyable. But.... It is a little expensive.
While the prices can be a bit much, I like to reason with myself and think "where else in town offers this menu with this view?"
We can walk to the cafe from our house then walk around the zoo (gold coin donation entry, so a cheap morning when combined overall).
Sure mcdonalds is cheaper. But it's gross.