“one night family stay”

Best Western Ipswich Heritage Motor Inn
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Ipswich

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ipswich, Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2012

After traveling from Tweed to Bundaberg and back over six weeks, with 10 different stops, this was by far the best experience I enjoyed. To the extent, I overstayed my visit by 2 nights. To get more rest and recharge and invite my family to catch up with me there.

My first thoughts was it was on the expensive side, then I saw my room/apartment, and for what I paid for that, I was very happy. The rooms have just been renovated and the bedding was just so deadly to the body, to the point of laying down for a quick nap resulted in a four hour sleep, and my missing the Piano Bar restaurant that night and having to suffer with takeaway.

I even uncovered the bedding to find the brand of mattress, protectors, underlay and pillows, for my own bed at home. If only I could replicate it, I might have saved my self a few nights stay of cash!

The next night sleep was definitely brought on by the dinner at the Piano Bar, perfectly cooked Barramundi with a divine Roasted Capsicum sauce, fresh veggies steam to just sweet and crunchy, best healthiest meal I have had at a Motel. Value for money for taste v's weight!!
I felt so good after dinner, I even went out of the norm and ordered dessert!

At first, I thought over priced, then the meal spoke for itself, We love to pay for good food. Dessert, Apple Pie, was again, I thought expensive. Then it was presented first class, a serving that was spoiling yourself silly, yet not ruining the entire evening.

A few rums after dinner, I slept in the air con room, to my own cd music & Discovery Animal Channel in the background. One of the only hotels with TV that you can actually work.
Why go home?

The next morning, Continental Breakfast was all I needed because of the variety. It was all fresh, cold, clean and well presented, lounge to enjoy morning news and coffee afterwards, internet to keep the kids busy while you read the paper, or there is the glorious pool, that can't be seen from the road and has been hidden by clusters of palms, that swirl up the breeze.

My 13 yr son was perfectly occupied, taking photos of the gardens, talking to staff and living in the pool. I was happy with a book waiting for the bar to open again.

It was a fantastic stay, and will be staying there again for sure.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that suits people! If you like space, as for an apartment for a few dollar...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 6 October 2012

This motel was on a main road and traffic noise was loud all night. The stairs to the first floor were not of best quality, the noise of people using them was annoying. The room was well appointed and owner /staff very friendly. Restaurant was closed, but dinner to the unit average.
Not good value for money. Compared to most other motels I stayed at on trip it was very overpriced. The tarriff needs to be reduced by at least 25%. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 September 2012

An enjoyable stay.
At 70 and 85 we were horrified to find that we had to get our bags up so many stairs, but we managed.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

Bamako, Mali
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I thought the room was a little on the expensive side but it was large and had a small kitchen. The staff were friendly and the room seemed to have been recently renovared so we were pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Bundaberg, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Over priced and not cleaned properly. Very small rooms with beds not made properly, dirty towels and found an eyelash in my breakfast. The floors felt greasy with hair and dirt in the corners and in the bedroom beside the beds. Was up most of the night due to the traffic just outside our room, very noisy. Paid too much to stay there and was not in the least bit satisfied with the accomodation. Will not be staying there again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Travellingtwo485
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ipswich
Quest Ipswich Serviced Apartments
#1 of 1 in Springfield Lakes
Mt Ommaney Hotel Apartments
Mt Ommaney Hotel Apartments
#110 of 159 in Brisbane

Been to Best Western Ipswich Heritage Motor Inn? Share your experiences!