“Great value, friendly staff!!”

Fraser Coast Wildlife Sanctuary
Ranked #2 of 54 things to do in Maryborough
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: A small native zoo in Maryborough Queensland. Many native parrots, kangaroos, wallabies, snakes, lizards, and other native animals. Recently renovated and improved. Low entry fees, photo opportunities wth native animals.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities
Gladstone
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great value, friendly staff!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Great spaces, wonderful staff & a chance to get up close with some amazing animals. We signed up for the dingo experience, and it will be a highlight of my life, I had no idea they were soooo soft! The snake experience is also highly recommended.

Would definately visit again. Budget friendly, open spaces & great staff.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Susan J

Brisbane, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great day out”
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

We ventured out from Hervey Bay trying to find something to do and came across this place. I have to admit, I was exceptionally surprised! We were greeted at the door by the very friendly staff with milk bottles in hand, asking us if we wanted to help them feed their young wallaby and kangaroos, at no extra cost above the entry fee. The staff were very helpful and informative and we had pretty much free reign around the place. The staff treated each of their animals so well, very much like loving pets (each animal even had their own name). For a small amount extra (I think it was an extra $5-$10) I was able to hold and handle a huge python as well. They had a decent variety of animals, mostly Australian natives. I'd highly recommend a visit here when next in Maryborough, allow yourself 2-3hrs there.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Adam-From-Brisbane
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic great for all ages.”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Had a great day. It is very well set out, the staff are very friendly and helpful, they know what they are talking about and nothing is too much trouble. The animals are great the wallabys wandering around are veey friendly and my kids loved patting them. All in all a great day.

Maryborough, Australia
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Good day out !”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Good for a family day out ,there are places to sit if you take your lunch .Lots of animals to pat ,and my 4 year old granddaughter got to hold some pythons.it is a good place for our overseas tourists to visit if they want to get close to Australian animals.

Visited September 2013
Hervey Bay, Australia
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Very good indeed!”
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Impressive, friendly and very enjoyable!! Loved the emu paddock - they are a little intimidating close up! - and being able to stroke the kangaroos fur!
The rescued birds were lovely, and Ray got the Major Mitchell Cockatoo to dance for me; score!!
A minor point, there isn't really a guided walk around the facility and it cries out for one, but this is a work in progress and we will return!

Visited October 2013