“Wish I never had to leave!”

Best Western Kimba Lodge Motel
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Maryborough
Brisbane, Australia
“Wish I never had to leave!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Whilst travelling with work, they had booked me into the Best Western Kimba Lodge with Ann and John. Upon check in, I instantly felt welcome and as if I was right at home. The staff are exemplary, in particular Ann, who after my four day stay I was actually sad to say good-bye to!! The house-keeping staff (all locals, very impressive) are amazing to deal with and will always go out of their way to assist you to make your stay more comfortable. My long work hours were never an issue staying here as the facilities and amentities were better than what I would expect than my own home. Upon my return to Marybourough, I would never seek anywhere else to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
AnnNelsonManager, General Manager at Best Western Kimba Lodge Motel, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Casey, thank you for your feedback. We are glad you had a pleasant stay and hope we can welcome you back on your next work trip in Marryborough.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Mudgeeraba, Australia
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This was my third visit to Ann & John's Motel. It is so convenient to the centre of Maryborough and the Brolga particularly. I stayed 2 nights the first visit, 3 nights the second visit and 4 nights in my third visit. Each time I had a very comfortable stay. The rooms are very pleasant and always clean. Whatever time I ordered breakfast it was delivered to my room with a friendly smile. Ann is lovely to talk to and extremely helpful. I am looking forward to my fourth visit and who knows how long I'll stay!
Joan.

Room Tip: Because of my age I stay on the ground floor, and as far as I can tell all the rooms are peaceful.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Joan, we are happy you had a pleasant and comfortable stay. Thank you for your perfect review and helpful room tip. Look forward to seeing you again soon on your fourth visit.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I’ve stayed at Kimba Lodge the last 15 years (once or twice a year) for business and it’s been wonderful every time. Ann and John are always very welcoming, the rooms are always clean and tidy and the breakfast is always excellent. I have also stayed with John and Ann when on holidays with my family, again excellent.

Room Tip: All rooms are away from the road. Noise is not an issue.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your kind review Jock, its always a pleasure to have you here. Look forward to having you back on you next business trip.
Maroochydore
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Maryborough is a town with limited reasonable hotels/motels.
Recently renovated I found the Kimba Lodge Motel not only quiet but clean and comfortable.
The staff were both polite and efficient.
Whilst the motel did not have a restaurant it did provide a good breakfast to the room.
The pub/hotel next door provided a high standard of pub food i.e. quality steaks etc.
The room and pup food were reasonable priced

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback and tips. Hope to see you again next time when you're in Maryborough.
Gladstone, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had a wonderful nights sleep here. The room was wonderful and so clean, was one of the nicest motels we have stayed in. Ann was extremely helpful and even posted my sons pillow that we had left in the room. highly recommend..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your time in leaving a kind review. We are happy your stay was wonderful, hope to see you back again soon.
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Reasonable room, reasonable price, good people, convenient location. We found the bed a bit too firm but that might have been just us. No restaurant but there is a pub next door that does meals (good lunch) and a restaurant right opposite that was very good for the evening meal.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for leaving a review, we appreciate your comments. Safe travels.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Had a wonderful night staying there when you have 2 little dogs travelling with you as it very hard finding accommodations that allow your fury friends when on holidays or when you have no time to find accommodation for them. They enjoyed their trip with us and the accommodation as it is not often they can go with us as there's not a lot of places that allow pets. SO A BIG THANK YOU TO THE STAFF AND MANAGEMENT AT KIMBA LODGE MOTOR INN, MARYBOROUGH QLD I WOULD STAY THERE AGAIN AND WOULD RECOMMEND ALL PET OWNERS TO STAY THERE

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Graeme, thank you for your perfect review. We look forward to welcoming you and your fury friends again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryborough
Maryborough Motel and Conference Centre
#1 of 11 in Maryborough
Blue Shades Motel
Blue Shades Motel
#4 of 11 in Maryborough

Been to Best Western Kimba Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!