“I came back and the place is really getting "great"” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Nerang Town & Country Motel

Nerang Town & Country Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Nerang
Sydney, Australia
“I came back and the place is really getting "great"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have been here a few times and have reviewed it before. Back then the units were tired but still reasonable and importantly - it was comfortable....

Today I checked in and the change is and I use my Grandsons words ... "EPIC"...
All is pristine, new beds... new tiling... everything in the room 110% smick! Everything!
Don't let an exterior glance put you off as inside the rooms the changes are wonderful.
Decent sized television, and a choice of teas.. all a fellow wants really...

As with my last stay, the attached restaurant was open and it has a good table - not spectacular but with enough of the restaurant basics served well with flavour. Steaks by size, Parmigiana and a few pasta's and salads and Graham provides excellent but not obtrusive service.

Nerang Town & Country Motel -- Its old but its new again... and combined with good management from the young Irish lad, I think a good nights rest.

It is great to see owners investing in updating motels, I will come back again

Room Tip: Rooms me through six are at car level .. With a broken hip I hate steps - but these car side rooms a...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeff M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Coffs Harbour, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stay here once a month or so on work trips and will always return because it is so good, friendly Irish couple in charge offer efficient service and the rooms are well equipped and surprising peaceful, being so near the main routes, which I think is a bonus. Stay here, it's good!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Robbolankyluffs
Bangkok, Thailand
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

We stayed at the Nerang Town & Country Motel purely because it was central to the theme parks and also to other things we had to do. We also only stayed for one night.
Positives: friendly manager(s) on check-in; locality to theme parks etc; plenty of outdoor parking; shower great; beds ok for the night we stayed
Negatives: dated room (though we were in the refurbished room, but was still needed repairs) - shower screen broken; towel rack broken; air conditioner noisy and curtains let in lots of light; price compared to other motels in area - on par, but thought it was a bit overpriced for the standard of room.
Did not eat at the restaurant, so cannot comment.
We did take a swim, but only in the spa and it seemed clean.
Would we stay again, yes, but only overnight and if the rooms were repaired a little more.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dragons11
Lot-et-Garonne
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is an older motel, and shows its age. Several weeks ahead of our visit these guys snaffled one day's rent off our credit card and upon arrival required the second days' accommodation charge at check-in, insisting that this is 'normal'. Normal for them; not for me.
Wifi costs 'from $5.95 per day'. Our room was not as bad as some others have described theirs. I'd give it five out of ten. One small window totally blocked by a tree and virtually no natural light, so we had to keep the fluoros going whenever we were in it. Very basically furnished. Insufficient power points for computer users and sleep aopnea sufferers. Shower rose incorrectly installed so unable to be raised above shoulder height. Other bathroom fittings cracked or at the end of their useful life, and in need of replacement. No microwave, and minimal crockery/cutlery; no luggage rack. The security chain on the door was broken.
Positive points that contributed to their five out of ten were cleanliness; newish carpet; comfortable beds and pillows; spaciousness.
Over the Christmas break this place cost us $130 a night, and the fabulous Westin Hotel in Martin Place Sydney cost us $200. You work out the relative value!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeterFrance
Coombabah, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

This review is 110% true.

First of all we were recommended by Coomera Motel Manager as we did not know the area well and Coomera Motel as fully booked up. After calling the Manager Jimmy he made our family feel welcome and told us to come even making room and a cot for our 20 month year old girl late at night.

In testing times in our lives, Jimmy and Ashton made me and my family feel like human beings. Today in society there is no such thing or should I say it's very limited. The staff also made us feel great by cleaning up the rooms and talking extra care.

The rooms are in excellent conditions and cost price are very affordable. The overall presence of the place is simply amazing.

I found out later by many people in the area of the great things Jimmy and Ashton have done for people in the community helping people.

They simply are both valued people to this company and well experienced in people skills which in my view is the real reasons why people choose to stay somewhere safe and felt cared for.

My number is 0431 637 274. Please contact me on work hours to confirm review.

I highly recommend this place and hope this preview shows you great insight

Room Tip: Room 18 room 19. Room 20. Room 21
1 Thank Anthony B
Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

One of the worst places I have ever stayed at.
We arrived at the motel Friday night as we had 2 weddings to go to on the Saturday.
We got there, with them having changed our rooms around so the side by side rooms we had arranged for were no longer for us. Yes they were doing renovations and we had no problem with that, but we got one of the worst rooms for sure.

These were the things we had problems with:
* The mattresses were brown - from stains
* The aircon didnt work
* The carpets were dirty
* There were condoms in the wardrobe
* There was a hole in the roof of the bathroom where toilet paper was falling down on my 2 kids * The shower rose fell and could have hit my son on the head
* The screen was all cracked and water was being spurted everywhere
* The screen door fell off the door * The fridge was broken - and there was a smelly towel in there which we had to hang outside to get the smell out of the room
* The queen bed sloped so I kept running into my partner all night. Needless to say we did NOT sleep a wink that night. With 2 weddings to go to the next day and night we were fuming and still are. We are all tired and we didnt enjoy the night at all. We ended up in bed at 7:30pm when we eventually found a place to stay the night.
* The other queen bed in the other room had springs poking up out of the bed and was on a slope

We got our money back for the Saturday night but we are determined we will not be taken advantage of like this. We want our money back for Friday night. I will be speaking with others about this and make as many people as I can aware that this place is unacceptable and unhabitable.

Room Tip: Just don't go there
4 Thank averyangrycustomer

Travellers are raving about these Nerang hotels

Maclean
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We had a refurbished room?? Can only imagine how bad the rooms still waiting for a makeover looked. Had a bad night sleep thanks to the rattling prehistoric A/C, a leaky toilet and what appeared to be a "cheap as chips" foam matress which was to be about 3 to 4 inches thick.
Im pretty sure the attached restaurant got their" fish of the day" from the motel swimming pool, and even though a nice friendly Irishman spent hours cleaning the spa, we still emerged after 20 minutes with some form of black scum line around our torso's. And all for $120 a night!!!! Must admit the hot water was very hot.

1 Thank Fishpig
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nerang
RACV Royal Pines Resort
Ramada Hotel Hope Harbour
Ramada Hotel Hope Harbour
#2 of 3 in Hope Island
NRMA Treasure Island Holiday Park

Been to Nerang Town & Country Motel? Share your experiences!