“Best Beds and Location and Service”
Review of LaVida on Anzac

LaVida on Anzac
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Redcliffe
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best Beds and Location and Service”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We stayed at La Vida on Anzac just for one night after arriving late at Brisbane Airport from Auckland. Wasn't sure what to expect but wow what a great place. Best bed I have ever slept on in my travels, and I like my bed! Location excellent, service great. Would definitely stay again. In fact we think we might go back there for a week and look around.

Room Tip: Higher floors have more of a view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mary-Anne T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Burrum Heads, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2014

So my work put me up here as i had business on northside of Brisbane. I was put up in a studio apartment which consisted of a comfy bed, good sized TV, perfectly fine small bathroom, microwave and fridge on ground floor. Nothing special but as it was a studio apartment it wasn't specially priced either.
I assume the other apartments would be nicer and larger but really i had all i needed here. No water views no frills just a more than adequate room which was good enough for my purposes and no hassles or problems. Very clean and comfortable and nicely priced. Much better than some inner suburb (airport) places that charge a fortune for nothing.
Air con was a bit noisy at night and no screen doors on balcony (why do hotels do this, it would save them money!!!) and the dreaded Nescafe Blend 43 as complimentary coffee are the only negs.

Room Tip: If you are just after somewhere to sleep with no dramas on business this place is safe.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Mount Isa, Australia
Reviewed 18 January 2014

Stayed for two nights - two nights too many. Reception hours on the door state 8.30am to 9pm. Arrived at 5pm to a dark, locked reception, no-one to be seen. Used the intercom and who I assume was the owner came out to let us in. I have never met someone so rude and arrogant. Firstly he argued our length of stay, which he had accepted knowing it needed to be flexible as it was a medical trip, then insisted I pay the full amount immediately, advising I would not be checking in until it was paid. He then told me I needed to sign a form to say we had stayed for the full duration of our stay. I reiterated once again that our stay duration was yet to be confirmed, he then went into a full rant about how medical bookings were absolutely ridiculous and a waste of his time. I then asked him as the owner, why accept a booking if it was so inconvenient. After paying, he showed us to the room which we had been told was a two bedroom double apartment, turned out to be a one bedroom apartment. Half an hour later he returned to the room, with the form insisting I sign it. I explained once again that until I saw the hospital the next day, the duration was yet to be determined. He continued to argue with me then smirked and said, doesn't matter I have your credit card details. The following day, the medical personnel who had booked us in rang me to apologise as they had just rang them to advise our booking dates were changing and received the same treatment. Bedroom was not airconditioned and had no fan. I would not recommend this place to anyone, the staff were extremely rude. Money was their only interest.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank Marees132014
Rotorua
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Spent 5 days here and have mixed feelings about this property. Firstly we arrived early and we were able to get in a couple of hours before 2pm which was appreciated as we had travelled from overseas However there were a few disappointing features about this place:

Please do not to expect the "wow" factor when you walk inside the property.....it is getting dated and it is fairly basic. Spacious with good kitchen and laundry facilities.

Wifi - it is advertised as free - and you would expect a coupon with the password on it etc. However when I rang reception about details to hook into wifi I was told "you did not tell us at reception". Ok - fair enough. However you need to manually get a modem from reception and do the hook up inside your apartment!!!! Right! Next - I only got 100mb for free (which is pretty poor) and when it expired I paid for more from the suppliers on the website. I then started reading other peoples feedback and discovered you got free wifi if you went down to reception and got a 100mg voucher each time it expired.......it would have been nice for reception to advised me of this .... so feeling a bit ripped off that they did not give me the run down of everything when I arrived. Wifi connection wasn't that great....took me ages each time to hook up....but was grateful to maintain communication with the rest of the world.
The furniture in our apartment was old and smelly. You could actually see the grease marks on the brown upholstery which was offensive....we sourced 3 light blankets from the bedroom cupboards and used these as coveralls and keep the smells trapped underneath. When we moved the furniture to suit ourselves we discovered that the cleaner hadn't bothered to vacuum underneath as there was food scraps, kids toys and dust balls ....not sure what the cleaner does .....she/he needs to bend down and put some effort into cleaning under objects.
We also thought one towel each wasn't sufficient - being 4 females we felt a bit short changed - again reception thought we were a bit OTT asking for one more extra towel between us so that we could have a spare whilst we washed the others. 5 towels between 4 ladies meant we were washing every time we all showered just to keep our linen supply at an adequate level - we are on holiday remember....somehow we felt we still at home - washing washing washing.
One last point - when we arrived I was given a lecture on their smoking policy....I felt a bit offended as our group were not smokers - and I felt the lecture would have been better left to give us the information on wifi etc.....by the way what do smokers look like?
The apartment was well positioned in relation to a supermarket and the township - however I kept looking at the Mon Komo further up the road and kicked myself for not booking in there as it looked lively and trendy...rather than an apartment block that looked like it had seen better days.....we saw no one the whole time we were there.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the beach or park...you will get the park as I guess the beach view is more expens...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank JayJayRotorua
LaVidaonAnzac, Manager at LaVida on Anzac, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for your review.We apologise for your stay not being as enjoyable as it should have been.
We don't normally allow check in 5 hours early, but as you were arriving from an international flight from NZ we tried to be helpful. The apartment cleaning was not up to standard ,possibly because of it being rushed in time to allow you the early check in. However that problem will not occur again as steps have been taken to rectify the situation.
We provide Free Internet access for all guests of 100mb per day which is generally sufficient. However it is just a matter of calling reception which is open and staffed from 8.30am to 5pm daily to source a new coupon should you require one. We are available on the phone from 7.30am to 9pm daily for any outside business hour inquiries.
The apartments are advertised as self catering serviced ( once per week ) with four towels per 2 bedroom apartment. There is a dryer as well as a washing machine within the apartment for any incidental washing and drying that is required during your stay. Extra towels etc can be requested from reception at a small cost to cover the laundry cost.
We apologise for mentioning the smoking in the apartments, we also are unable to tell what smokers look like. For those of us that do not smoke it is a smell that is hard to eliminate and we wish to encourage those that do smoke that they do so only on the balcony of the apartment. This being for the comfort of non smoking guests.
Should you wish to come back to Redcliffe we would welcome the chance to provide you with a better experience.
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed at la Vida on ANZAC for two weeks for business, the first in a Studio room, and the second in a two (one) bedroom apartment. I think all apartments are two bedroom, you just pay less if you book a one bedroom apartment.

The studio room was minimalistic, and the walls fairly thin - so I could hear what my neighbor was up to... There were no fly screens on the door to the balcony, so for fresh air you needed to put up with mosquitoes coming inside.

The in-house FREE 100Mb broadband allowance was fairly slow, and was not nearly enough for a stay away from home. And I had to go to reception each day for a new free voucher.

The apartment was very spacious and quite clean, and had similar problems in terms of fly screens to the studio rooms. The balcony didn't have sufficient runoff so after rain, you need to sweep the water towards the drains. (at least for the section under the outdoor dining setting).

The kitchen was full-size and quite modern, and the undercover parking excellent. The pool was nice and heated, however there were no BBQ or fitness facilities.

For less than I paid for this stay, I could stay up the road in Scarborough in an apartment with more facilities.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I organised to stay at La Vida for one night as a surprise 'baby moon' for my husband before the birth of our second child. When I asked if they would mind organising some champagne in chocolates they took the time to go down themselves and purchase the items as well as scattering hearts on our floor and putting ribbon bows on our bed, we very much appreciated the service and the rooms were lovely as well !

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Pinkyandthebrain87
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Clean and tidy apartment (we had 1 bed apartment), secure and in a very convenient location on the peninsular. Secure parking kept our hire car safe. Great base to enjoy the surrounding restaurants and surrounds.

Room Tip: Not sure if they have them but try and get an apartment that has walk in shower as ours had the bath...
Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redcliffe
Oaks Mon Komo
Beach House Bed & Breakfast
Redvue Luxury Apartments
Redvue Luxury Apartments
#3 of 4 in Redcliffe

Been to LaVida on Anzac? Share your experiences!