“Great day out - beautiful location, perfect weather”

Lady Musgrave Cruises
More attraction details
Owner description: Sightseeing, dive and snorkel tour, semi-submersible reef viewing, island tour.
Brisbane, Australia
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“Great day out - beautiful location, perfect weather”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I did the Lady Musgrave Cruises a fair while ago and would definitely recommend this tour; I personally had a really great day.

It is a little on the pricey side of things however, $190 per adult but for everything you get to do I think it's worth doing. I really loved this tour but I do feel one time on this cruise was enough; the experience was fantastic however staff professionalism and equipment were standard, as well as the 'buffet' lunch.

I had a great time on the Lady Musgrave Island tour and found our tour guide very enthusiastic and friendly. She was a lovely young lady who seemed very involved in preservation and the environment and knew her stuff about the island and conservation.

The glass bottom boat tour is just the trip to and back from lady Musgrave island but it was pretty all the same. We went on a perfect day and were lucky enough to have great weather. The snorkeling was GREAT! We saw great colourful fish, jelly fish, starfish and turtles during our snorkeling experience. Except you are confined to one small area for snorkeling, but we were informed this was due to conserving the area and keeping the reefs safe (yet there were lots of private fisherman out on boats reef fishing in those no-go zones?!)

My partner and I also paid extra for the scuba dive experience activity. It was enjoyable but unfortunately the area for scuba diving was just around the snorkeling area and so the views were the same as that of snorkeling - so I would recommend holding off on this activity and saving to do it else where. Although I am told depending on year and weather there are some better scuba spots, so maybe just check beforehand.

Besides from the boat, there was also very limited seating and undercover facilities. I do understand this as it is a pontoon but just made eating and staying out of the sun difficult when I wanted a quick rest out of the sun. So pack and wear sunscreen!

If you're a member of RACQ, RACV or so one, you could also be entitled to a discount of about $15-18 per person. I would use this to your advantage if you are!

Day Cruise:

•75 mins from Roundhill Head to Lady Musgrave Island subject to conditions
•Enjoy 5 hours on the outer Great Barrier Reef
•Snorkeling all day in the protected lagoon
•Semi submarine tour with interpretive commentary
•Two glass bottom boats with 6 metres of coral viewing area
•Guided island walk
•Spacious floating pontoon with underwater observatory, undercover seating, waterline snorkel and dive platforms, dressing rooms and shower
•Feed the tropical fish - in abundance around the pontoon
•Swim with the turtles all year round
•Snorkeling equipment, flotation vests and sunscreen
•Tropical buffet luncheon with prawns, morning and afternoon teas with cake
•Tea, coffee and chilled water throughout the day

Prices:

Adults $190. Senior / Students $180. Children (4-14yrs) $90. Family (2 adults, 2 children) $495. Extra child $65 Children under 4 FREE.

Extra fee surcharge applicable on some public holidays ($10Ad/Con and $5Ch- Check on booking or pay at boarding) DEPARTS 8.30am daily from the 1770 Marina.

Visited January 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
Ashburton, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Trip of a lifetime”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was one of the best things we did as a family on our holiday. It can be a rough trip out for around 2 hours so take a sea legs, but it is so worth it. The staff were awesome, the food was lovely, and the scuba diving was bloody fantastic. The only improvement that could be made is that they don't offer night before accommodation and transfers, and that is in no way a deal breaker.

Visited April 2014
Bunbury, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Worth it”
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Fantastic day out, well worth the money and the little bit of sea sickness on the way to the Island. Beautiful underwater scenery with good snorkel equipment. Very safe environment on so much to see. Loved the turtles, grouper, parrot fish and corals. Great buffet lunch and abundant food all day. Very friendly and helpful staff

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great day out for the family”
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

Our family of 5 toured the lady musgrave island. We found all the staff to be very knowledgable and very friendly. Marie had exceptional customer service skills, she is a real asset to the lady musgrave tour.
Whilst the snorkeling was happening Marie noticed that my wife and myself had to take turns. Marie then offered to look after my 3 year old Luca and baby Jonah while mummy, daddy and teen son snorkeled.
A great day, the island was beautiful, best snorkeling I have ever done before and will definitely be doing it again.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank SnAHaggett
Sydney, Australia
104 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 123 helpful votes
“AMAZING”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We have been on a few snorkelling tours on the great barrier reef but this one was THE BEST. A lot let people than some of the other cruises from more major towns, absolutely amazing snorkeling and fish, the turtles were awesome to swim with and the staff were top notch, professional yet would also joke around with you and make your time more memorable. We will definitely go back on this cruise next time we are in Queensland.

Visited April 2014