“Excellent Apartment”

Palmerston Tower Apartments
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent Apartment”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I booked a last minute weekend at Palmerston Towers and as the price was so good was not really expecting anything that good. I was definitely wrong in that assumption. Our apartment was fantastic with high quality furnishings and appliances, great balcony looking out to sea. The bed was comfy, loads of decent utensils in the kitchen. I am a bit of a neat freak and, for once, I could not fault the standard of cleanliness here.

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Meganandellasmum

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Mount Gambier, Australia
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I read reviews and was concerned however images showed me I had nothing to worry about! Wrong! We booked for 10 days. Whilst the surface appeared reasonably clean it felt dirty. The bed was hard as were the pillows. The lounge was hard and uncomfortable. With minimal outlay the place could be painted and refurbished. We have stayed in similar types of accommodation and provided are basics such as salt and pepper. This could easily be factored into the cost. The views were amazing. The staff were lovely. The location was great but isolated unless you had a car. Obviously some apartments are great, if only we had 14C!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank travelhungry2014

Travellers are raving about these Southport hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Work arranged accom through this provider and while it was very cheap, it was definitely tired & dated. The bed was a wire spring mattress and it wasn't terribly uncomfortable, it certainly was a 'value' item.

It did however have a number of positives:
* More than plenty of space (more than a 2 bdr apartment in terms of floor space, but allocated/billed as a 1 bdr unit).
* Very close to nearby shops (Australia Fair) or nearby suburbs.
* Internal facility to your own unit included reasonably new top loader washing machine and 4KG dryer.

The people behind reception were lovely, and after hours check-in wasn't a problem (ring the front door panel).

The most troubling thing for me was there was a very subtle smell of either a previous tenant smoking, perhaps it was re-circulated or perhaps it was from another balcony before the unit was closed up last time. I'm a non-smoker and a few minutes with the windows open allowed enough fresh air to not notice this problem again.

The unit is ideally suited for those on a very tight budget (such as those coming down to work on local construction projects) or can't justify the more expensive hotels for whatever reason.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I stayed for two nights for Summafieldayze this January with my older brother. I was a bit worried because I had read some bad reviews, but still booked it because it was the cheapest accommodation. When we checked in and went up to our room we were surprised at how clean and modern our room was, we had an excellent view!
The manager was so nice and helpful! He helped us with printing our festival tickets. There was a pool and spa which were open later then most pools in hotels which was useful!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Rachael B
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I have stayed in some places where you wouldn't take anyone for a holiday, Palmerston Tower is in a great location. Sure it could use a referb in the apartment we were in (13c) but with views that look over seaworld, and the bay and from the lounge room and bedrooms over the Gold Coast City. we couldnt complain for the price we paid. We had a 2 bedroom apartment with 2 bathrooms. The kitchen is a little out dated but it all still worked. couches were good, beds were comfortable and the shower had great pressure.

The pool was heated to a lovely 25 degrees and the spa was a little warmer. the BBQ was great a nice gazebo and lounge chairs. Plenty of undercover parking which is all secure and free.

The TV was great new VIVO flat screen which we could hook our computer up.
There was no air-conditioning in the room but there were ceiling fans and when you open the windows and balcony doors it created a nice breeze.

The staff were great, very friendly and were happy to have a chat and offer directions, best part of all was I didn't find one cockroach.

If you are a family on a holiday and want to save some money on accommodation this is a good place. about a 5 minute walk towards the city is a great little park with a big jumping pillow a flying fox and a portion of the beach with no waves sectioned off for swimmers and has a jetty. We could walk out to it so its not super deep and it is patrolled with life guards. A great place for a BBQ and a day in the sun. accross the road is a few small parks and more beach, a chemist & doctor is a 2 minute walk and a convenience store can be seen from the balcony.

Great Location, I would stay again.

Room Tip: Our room 13C didnt have aircon but had a great breeze.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank MummyandBug
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Where do i start.....

The staff are rude. The bed was hard and uncomfortable not to mention the cane lounges were also. The power switches were faulty as were the door handles.
I stayed there for a short holiday with my 4 yr old child an foun the only positive part of the stay was te view. As earlier mentioned the staff were unhelpful and quite rude. I had informed them of the problems in the apartment and also about the bed. When asked to be moved to another apartment I was told it would be too time consuming to move us around. I was offered a mattress topper instead and it was kindly handed to me at the door an informed I was to fit it and that there was no maintenance person available. After leavin I found out I was slugged an extra 20 dollars. I was informed it was for leavin a bag or two of rubbish on the kitchen bench and I had apparently left the apartment in a disgraceful state. How on earth a bag or two of rubbish is disgraceful beats me. I will never stay there again and I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone else. Also anyone planning to stay should bring their own towels as extra towels cost 10 and a DVD player for the week is an additional 30 dollars!

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank Jaydakins
St Petersburg
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Rooms - Ours was clean, comfortable, spacious and well-appointed.
Facilities - Well-maintained and all you need for a typical, active Gold Coast family holiday.
Location - Great location right on the broadwater, not far from theme parks, shopping, boating etc. Very clost to the excellent Broadwater public facilities ie playgrounds for kids, swimming pool etc
Staff - Available but not obtrusive.
Will stay again in the future.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family