“Amazing food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014

We dined here on Valentine's day with another couple. We sat at the teppanyaki bar and all decided to dine on the mother of all banquets, banquet E. Fillet mignon, chicken, moreton bay bug, prawns, scallopa and salmon. It also came with salad, miso, teppan vegies and fried rice. The food was amazing, well cooked and very very tasty. The service was ok, bit of a language barrier at times but we didn't mind.
My disappointment was in the show. I have been to teppanyaki before that was 2 hours of pure entertainment by the Chef. Food has been flying and we have been busy catching it. It all adds to the enjoyment. It was a minor issue and it wouldn't stop me from coming back again. The food more than made up for it.

1  Thank brissycouple

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Quite happy with the family dinner here, it was fun and the food was nice.

The kids loved the food flicking and catching it in their mouths.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We are Gold Coast locals and I am very disappointed in myself for not trying Hanazono's sooner!!!

My husband and I shared the "Banquet D" (Fillet Mignon, Moreton Bay Bugs, Prawn, Scallop & Salmon) What stood out for us both was the quality of food. It was very obvious to us that this restaurant has taken great care in sourcing top quality meat and seafood from their suppliers. It was fresh, melt in your mouth tender, with wonderful flavor.

Our chef was fantastic. Not only did he cook our meal to utter perfection (We honestly could not fault a thing) he was also very charming, entertaining and funny which added to our wonderful evening.

My husband is a celiac therefore has to abide by a strict gluten free diet, this was accommodated by the chef who used gluten free soy in our meal prep and also advised the sauces that accompanied our meal were not gluten free.

TOP MARKS GUYS - You will see us and our friends regularly patronage Hanazono Teppanyaki!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

So decided it would be great to take my brother out for his birthday and thought "Hey, tepinyaki is always fun, wonder if there is one in southport" Thanks to google we quickly found HANAZONO.
Now I should say firstly the food was very tasty and the price was very reasonable for tepinyaki (but hey if you bought this in a non tepinyaki restaurant you would be shocked) but the big issue was really the service. So why do you go to tepinyaki, sure to eat but the show is all part of it, so we were disappointed when we were told the cooking would be done at the far end of the restaurant with the chefs back turned to us. While others got the showmanship we got plates dumped in front of us. The service was lacking and not very friendly and everything seemed to be a chore. I am glad to hear others have had a great experience but this just isn't what we experienced.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Have frequented this restaurant for several years and would still say it is the best teppanyaki restaurant on the gold coast.

Nothing is ever a problem for the waitresses and orders are always taken in a timely manner.

During my last visit our chef was of Brazilian nationality (not 100% sure) and was extremely entertaining with with his cooking skills and jokes. Not bad on the eyes either!

In other reviews it has been noted that other patrons were disappointed with the staff not being Japanese, I would just like to point out that the food is authentic jananese as it states. As long as the chefs are trained it does not take anything away from the experience.

The seating is set up around a hotplate so you can watch the chef do his thing, for obvious reasons you may end up seating side by side.