“Clean, quick and good atmosphere”
Review of RSL Club Southport

RSL Club Southport
Ranked #8 of 217 Restaurants in Southport
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, Australian
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Gold Coast, Australia
“Clean, quick and good atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We have been going to the rsl for months now for lunch. They have the $10 specials menu so it makes for a cheap meal. The place is large and you can always get a seat. The food is tasty but at the end of the day it is a rsl and the same at most of them. If it wasn't good we wouldn't go there all the time.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Whitney P

Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
“A very average meal...”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were going to a show at the club and decided to eat there beforehand - choices were plentiful and I went for a Beef Wellington, the sort of thing that one doesn't usually make at home. My husband had the steak. My piece of meat, inside the pastry but no pate, was unrecogniseable, heaven know what it was. My husband's was adequate but half cold (was it cooked then put aside while mine was done?) In any case, we wont be rushing back. Wine was $8 a glass and also an ordinary house wine. A missed opportunity - we were happy to make it a frequent visit, not now.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Diedre_11
Mullumbimby, Australia
“Disappointed and going hungry”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We came here based on reviews on trip adviser and are leaving disappointed and offended.

The meals were two for the price of one , I ordered a grilled salmon and my partner ordered the barramundi the total cost was $24.90 which was great value....

Until I took a bite of the salmon and got a mouthful of scales, and when I complained he tried to tell me it was normal with salmon, completely normal to bite into the crispy skin and get over 20 scales....

The barramundi contained bones and it was the first piece of deep fried fish we have encountered containing bones, and he tried to tell me it was also normal to find a few bones....

And finally I don't even get offered a replacement meal just given a $12 refund.......

Such a shame it was such a disappointment

3 Thank Kaiizen
Southport, Australia
“Value, Plus”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Still the best value in Southport. Great tasty meals, reasonable drink prices and free entertainment. Also have great shows upstairs. Handy location and the tram will be an easy way there.

• Visited March 2014
Perth, Australia
“What a treasure”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We love this place and when the new light rail starts wow. It will be so easy to get to from broad beach

• Visited February 2014