Review Highlights
Cheep $3 Steak

We have been here 3 times now. The $3 steak is a $3 steak don't expect it to be top quality. I... read more

Reviewed 17 August 2017
dreaming303
Gold Coast
Great roasts, great service, great price!

Just had a Sunday roast beef lunch at the Railway. $10. Really tender, veg terrific and crispy... read more

Reviewed 19 August 2018
Sandra V
Main Beach, Australia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 19 August 2015

Karaoke on weekly(Thursday nights) & the other bar serves meals & it's open until 2a.m which is 1 on a kind in Southport as there's no nightclubs.

Reviewed 10 June 2015

This is probably not a place many tourist land up in, and I must say that the staff were really good and the food cheap and pretty decent. My steak wasn't all that bad, and my brother had no complaints about the sausages. I did have a wander around the place, and I must say that the pub itself didn't really appeal to me. Expect to find a sports bar, a bistro, and a pokies room, with your standard no-frills pub grub and beers. The thing that really made me like the place was not just the cheap meals, but the really friendly staff.

2  Thank MrDavetheSarks
Reviewed 2 January 2015

Today 2/1/2015 I came here with mates for there $2 steaks.
When I got my 2 steaks I had asked for well done. When I got my steak they were both still bleeding and pink. I told one of the workers and they took my steak back to the cook so he could cook it more. When I got my steak back it wasn't bleeding anymore but still pink. I had eaten some if it before I seen that it was pink.
So I took it back to the cook and told him what had happened and said that I no longer wanted my steak as I felt sick.
My brother had the same problem but still eat it because he didn't want to take he's back too. 5 mins after eating it he went out sick and started throwing up he's steak. I went and told the same worker that took my steak back and he told me that it was my brother fault.
I will never eat there again and I advice other people not to eat there unless they would like the same problem and take the chance of being sick.

1  Thank Leahfoodisshit
Reviewed 11 November 2014

The food is actually ok.

Its the staff, just a bad mixture of rude and disintersted.

left me standing at the bar for more than five minutes, the girl was there, she was discussing the days off party with her girfriend and partner sitting at the end of the bar with her.

Eventually rolled over when her friend pointed me out for the second time.

That wasnt so bad, she doubled as the table waitress, the bell for service went ding, she dissapeared into the poker machines. I went up and got our meals.

She walked back in five minutes later and resumed her discusion with her friends....just disgraceful.

1  Thank martin h
Reviewed 29 October 2014

worst gang ever .I had a legitimate complaint about the state of their egm's and bought it to their attention , instead of decommissioning the machine until gaming officers investigated the alleged complaint .they asked me to leave when I went to take a photo of the machine the bouncer jumped on my back and placed me in a choke hold till I was unconscious then qps charged me for failing to leave when directed (unconscious and walking are not synonymous). I had a bruised windpipe and qps wouldn't charge the bouncer or retrieve the video . I have since learned that qld gaming doesn't have an independent governing body. .I lost $20 and he broke my phone as I fell unconsciously to the ground.

1  Thank myeyeswereebulging