“Cheap eats - good food”
Review of The Railway Hotel

The Railway Hotel
Ranked #3 of 4 Nightlife in Southport
Reviewed 28 March 2016

Great place for cheap meals. Typical pub food but great specials. We enjoyed the $3 steak. Drinks are reasonably priced but the best part was definitely the cheap food.

Reviewed 30 December 2015 via mobile

Late lunch after scuba diving off the Seaway. Good pub food. Good service. Good company… Three of were starving after traffic and dive. Very happy we stumbled on this hotel. Well done.

Reviewed 20 August 2015 via mobile

Very impressed with the quality of a cheap steak. But the show topper for me was the calamri. Best calamari I havr ever had and I've tried it at some pretty good places.

Thanks to the waitress who also jumped in straight away to take a group photo for us (20/8/15 around 6pm)

Reviewed 19 August 2015

Karaoke on weekly(Thursday nights) & the other bar serves meals & it's open until 2a.m which is 1 on a kind in Southport as there's no nightclubs.

See more reviews
Reviewed 10 June 2015

This is probably not a place many tourist land up in, and I must say that the staff were really good and the food cheap and pretty decent. My steak wasn't all that bad, and my brother had no complaints about the sausages. I did have a wander around the place, and I must say that the pub itself didn't really appeal to me. Expect to find a sports bar, a bistro, and a pokies room, with your standard no-frills pub grub and beers. The thing that really made me like the place was not just the cheap meals, but the really friendly staff.

2  Thank MrDavetheSarks