“Good food, good service, good prices!”
Review of SAIGON PALACE

SAIGON PALACE
Ranked #148 of 239 Restaurants in Southport
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Four of us (two couples) ate here recently and left with our appetites well-satisfied for $120.

We arrived without a reservation on a Friday night. It seemed like many of the people in the restaurant were known to the staff serving them and in some instances people at one table knew the people at other tables - the rooms were buzzing with laughter and conversation. I'd say lots of people were frequent, repeat customers.

Even though the restaurant was busy, we were seated quickly, orders taken promptly and food served within only about 10-15 minutes. Our meals were home-style, filling and delicious. Very easy to see why many people would be returning to this place, as we will next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I recently dropped in for a quick meal on my way home after seeing a movie. There was no one else there by 9.30pm on a Friday night so naturally the service was good! The meal arrived within minutes and was absolutely delicious. Tony Scott

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The Saigon Palace is a restaurant that I dine at frequently, over many years. It is arguably one of the better Vietnamese restaurants on the Gold Coast, but I must qualify this comment by pointing out that there are not many Vietnamese restaurants here to compare with...

When compared to Vietnamese restaurants in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne, it falls short of the mark in terms of the quality of dishes.

That said, the Saigon Palace serves pretty decent food, with reasonable prices, great service and courteous staff. It is also located in a good position, away from the CBD of Southport and hence parking is easy particularly in the evenings. Even at lunchtime, meter parking is readily available and, for those who do not mind walking, free suburban street parking is also available nearby.

The Saigon Palace is worth giving a go.....

Reviewed 29 June 2013

I have lived in the area for some time now, and I have always wondered about this restaurant and whether or not it would deliver some excellent Vietnamese food. Unfortunately, it just did not meet the bill. It must be mentioned that the service is prompt and very friendly. We ordered three mains and an entree. The food order was correct and came in a prompt manner. It must also be mentioned here the the flavours were really pronounced, strong flavours. Everything sounds ok, doesn't it?! The quality of the meat in each of the dishes was so lacking, I just couldn't look past it. To pay for quality means that I also expect to receive quality. I found myself chewing on a mass of fat that I had to take out and hide in a serviette! So yes. This needs to be much much better!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

We enjoyed a lovely dinner here and were particularly impressed by the lovely costumes that some of the girls were wearing