“Not disappointed”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We dropped past for dinner without a reservation with a family of 5, and were seated straight away. The staff were very attentive and helpful and the food was very nice.

If you have a craving for Vietnamese on the Gold Coast, you won't be disappointed here. Parking was free right out the front as it was after 5pm and the food was served fairly quickly and was reasonably priced.

We would return again when we return to Surfers.

Reviewed 14 January 2014 via mobile

I have been here a few times over the years, we come with my father whenever we visit from Sydney - last night I have to say I really enjoyed it more so than ever before. The food seemed better than usual, very tasty sauces, big serves - new chef perhaps?

It's not a flash place but the staff are friendly and efficient, it's easy to get parking and it seems to be very popular with the locals.

My only criticism would be the wine list - quite limited (sure it's a small restaurant), none of the options were very familiar or appealing to us - time for the selections to be reviewed and upgraded to better quality wines in my opinion. Can't recall if it is BYO or not but if so we will bring our own next time.

Overall though, an easy good value place for a relaxed meal. Don't expect a gourmet fine dining experience and you won't be disappointed. We will be back.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Four of us (two couples) ate here recently and left with our appetites well-satisfied for $120.

We arrived without a reservation on a Friday night. It seemed like many of the people in the restaurant were known to the staff serving them and in some instances people at one table knew the people at other tables - the rooms were buzzing with laughter and conversation. I'd say lots of people were frequent, repeat customers.

Even though the restaurant was busy, we were seated quickly, orders taken promptly and food served within only about 10-15 minutes. Our meals were home-style, filling and delicious. Very easy to see why many people would be returning to this place, as we will next time we are in the area.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

I recently dropped in for a quick meal on my way home after seeing a movie. There was no one else there by 9.30pm on a Friday night so naturally the service was good! The meal arrived within minutes and was absolutely delicious. Tony Scott

Reviewed 8 July 2013

The Saigon Palace is a restaurant that I dine at frequently, over many years. It is arguably one of the better Vietnamese restaurants on the Gold Coast, but I must qualify this comment by pointing out that there are not many Vietnamese restaurants here to compare with...

When compared to Vietnamese restaurants in Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne, it falls short of the mark in terms of the quality of dishes.

That said, the Saigon Palace serves pretty decent food, with reasonable prices, great service and courteous staff. It is also located in a good position, away from the CBD of Southport and hence parking is easy particularly in the evenings. Even at lunchtime, meter parking is readily available and, for those who do not mind walking, free suburban street parking is also available nearby.

The Saigon Palace is worth giving a go.....