“Superb Straddie Stay”

Allure Stradbroke Resort
“Superb Straddie Stay”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have been a repeat visitor at this fantastic property and recommend it to all my family and friends. The Villas are large and excellently equipped with everything you need for a family holiday. Housekeeping, Maintenance and reception is superb and friendly! The manager Naomi is extra friendly and a gun at dealing with any rule breakers! (Loud drunks in the pool after 10pm - She was just a phone call away & had them out in a flash! Impressive!)
Very Kid friendly with a small play ground and heated pool as well as a funky herb garden for guests(our kids had a ball picking their own herbs to go with dinner)there is plenty to keep the kids occupied on this amazing Island and or stay at Allure has ticked all the boxes!! (we have booked again for Christmas)
Hands down the best location in town - fantastic 10minute walk along the beach across the road to the pub and 2 minute drive to shops.
Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Each villa is uniquely designed. Some of the decks are open planned (which look great) we would advi...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Had to change to a different unit because they gave us an unsafe one - no railings around the decking so a child or elderly person could fall off and be injured - then we were charged $45 for cleaning in the unit that we never even went into.
Also they took payment off my visa but refused to refund back into my visa - insisted on getting a BSB and Account number which I did not have with me. (Was not the cleaning fee being refunded BTW).
Easy to book, but difficult to deal with when a problem arose. Very disinterested in getting our unit right, we had to walk around to find one that would be safe.
Would never stay here again. Try the Pandanus Palms - gorgeous setting, lovely people.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Lyn W
GM2911, Manager at Allure Stradbroke Resort, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Lyn

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that you feel your stay did meet your expectations. I have taken on board all of your comments and will now respond.

In the first instance I believe that my staff went above and beyond to assist you when you first checked. Upon your return to the office with your concerns we recommended a room that we believed was suitable to your requests. In your original booking there was no mention of the special requirements. We pride ourselves on meeting our guests special needs. You have mentioned several points in relation to room layout - I would like to firstly clarify that in no way do we attempt to mask or hide these all of our descriptions, floor plans and images clearly depict our rooms. Secondly we would in no way place any guest at risk.

Upon deliberation into your situation you firstly checked into a room and upon realizing it not to be suitable you returned to the office. Before returning you made use of the bathroom toilet and consumables. When asked if anything was used you replied simply no. As the room move was of no error of ours and we were more than accommodating with moving you twice and then once the first room was checked found to be used. I could not simply place another guest into this room, I required staff to clean and restock the bathroom. I am simply going to ask you would you be satisfied as a guest to go into a used bathroom?

So once again we tried to be more than accommodating and moved you to room that you believed was suitable for your needs.

The refund in question has never been denied we simply requested bank account details to process the refund back to, we actually asked you for them as soon as we realized that you were due a refund which was the same day as check in.

We have been emailing and phoning you to attempt to get the bank account details to process the refund but have not been able to get through to you. Until you decided to post onto Trip Advisor. If you would please contact us we would like to process the refund held for you.

As advised at reception on two occasions we cannot process refunds onto credit cards as we run a trust account system and must abide by the laws that govern this system.

In relation to your review thank you, however the majority of the facts have been misconstrued.

We would like to extend an offer for you to return with a 10% discount and please ensure to let us know of your return and we will ensure that all your special needs are met.

Thank you for your feedback and I will enact on all that we can.

We look forward to welcoming you upon your next stay.

Regards
Management

Travellers are raving about these North Stradbroke Island hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was only able to spend one night on North Stradbroke Island and found it difficult to find accommodation for one night only as most required a two night stay. Allure were able to offer me a one night stay which was good. However, in my particular situation I did not find Allure a great stay. Due to my short stay I didn't have a car. I was able to easily catch the bus from the ferry to the front door of the resort. However, the resort is located 1.2 kms (uphill) from any shops or restaurants so my options for food were limited. As it was winter, the cafe was closed for lunch and dinner so my only nearby option was the bowls club (which was ok). I understand that most people staying in a self contained apartment would bring their own food, so this may not be an issue for others.

I stayed in a beach shack and they look great. However the design doesn't really make it a comfy stay. The lighting in the place is terrible and would not be adequate to cook etc. The heating is located near the loft bedroom which means the bedroom space is warm but the downstairs main living area was cold. The couch and chairs and bed were all pretty uncomfortable and didn't allow me to relax as I had hoped. However, the resort is very well maintained and the beach shack was very clean and had good kitchen and laundry facilities.

My stay was over $240 per night but I was required to put out my own rubbish otherwise I would incur a cleaning fee. I think cleaning should be covered for this price. I realise that accommodation on Straddie is expensive, but I didn't find this to be good value for money or an appropriate level of service for the price.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank kellyobrien73
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed in Shack 18, which is owner-managed, at Allure Resort. The owners were lovely to deal with, we arranged everything by email which was very efficient.

I loved staying at the beach shack, it was very cute and modern and had all the amenities for a comfortable weekend - could have easily stayed longer!

In a quiet part of Stradbroke, the beach shacks are very relaxing and you feel like you're a world away from everything else. Point Lookout is just ten minutes down the road and easily accessible by the frequent bus.

I loved every minute and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We stayed here at the end of May for 3 nights and really enjoyed our stay. We booked the 'Whales Whales Whales' package for $450 which included 3 nights accommodation in a beach shack, late checkout and return transfer on the ferry which I thought was a really good deal compared to the other accommodation I had seen on the island. On booking we asked for a quite shack and were given shack 37 which backed onto bushland and was far enough from the car park one side and the bowling club the other to be a really quiet location. Our shack was well equipped for our stay and very comfortable. The staff that we saw were friendly and helpful at all times.

Attached to Allure is Tillers Café Pantry which we went to a couple of times for coffee and cake and also breakfast. The food here was very good and the cake portions were very generous which was appreciated! A short walk up the road is the Stradbroke Island Beach Hotel which we walked to during the evenings for an evening meal and drinks on the terrace. A short walk over the road from Allure is Home Beach, perfect for that lazy day on the beach or to watch the sunrise from.

Overall our stay at Allure was peaceful and relaxing and we would definitely return.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quiet stay and are booking a beach shack, ask for one at the back that over...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Moranbah, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The setting, location, style and feel from Allure really hits the mark, we felt like we were on holidays as soon as we arrived. The staff were efficient and pleasant and the facilities were well maintained. The on site cafe/grocer store was very handy and although we didn't use the pool as it was too cold for a swim, it looked beautiful. The gym facilities could be updated (i.e. the TV and aircon didn't work and the equipment was dated) but overall our stay was lovely and good value for money. Added bonus was the well-equipped kitchenette and outdoor eating area in a bush setting.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at Allure while getting married on Straddie, in a 4-room villa. Over the 5 nights we were there, we had 10 different people staying with us, and never felt cramped (although an ensuite would have been nice, 2 bathrooms for 10 people wasn't great). Nice big outdoor area was great for entertaining, large kitchen big enough for cooking for so many, and nice roomy rooms.

We've stayed at a few different places on Straddie now, and have to say Allure is as nice as anything we've seen out there, with decent furnishings and set in natural bushland, with some amazing beaches just across the road, a cafe (that made great coffee and sold some essentials) out the front, nice pool to lay around (although can't take alcohol in there) and a short stroll to the local Hotel. Lots of native animals around too, which our UK friends loved, including the hotel's resident goanna.

Biggest let down was seeing the 3-room villa that some family were staying at at Allure - it was definitely furnished and set out better then ours, including having 3 bathrooms, larger TV, bigger deck, and actually had a 4th small bedroom anyway. There also weren't enough towels provided given that our villa was set up to sleep 10.

Would definitely recommend Allure however for a great place to stay on Straddie!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple