“Very clean and spacious”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Coast Motel

The Coast Motel
Ranked #2 of 7 Yeppoon B&B and Inns
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
“Very clean and spacious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed only one night at this Motel, but found it to be comfortable and clean with modern decor. The room itself and the bathroom is also very spacious. The only slight annoyance we had was with the flimsy door lock. We didn't realise the push button wasn't locked properly until the occupant of the room next door mistakenly came into our room at 3 a.m. which gave him, and us, a hell of a fright!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fruit_Tart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Indonesian first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I only stayed at the Coast Motel for 1 night. We arrived late and left early in the morning so this review is just about the room.
The room is very spacious, so is the bathroom.
There is a fridge, tea/coffee facilities. There is no microwave.
There is a flat screen TV and free wireless internet.
The room was spotless.
We only stayed there because we had to catch the boat to Great Keppel Island in the morning and we needed a hotel to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gladstone, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was looking for a place to stay and my company gets me a nice discount at the large resort in town but after having them change the price on me and just flat out being rude. I turned to trip advisor and found this nice motel. I made a quick phone call and spoke to a lady over the phone that was very nice and made my reservation.

I was running a little late coming into town so I made a call to the motel and was told no worries about running late and that they would wait around for me. Once arriving at the motel I was greeted by the owners Mick, Julie and their son(family run business) and checked into my room. While checking in the owners gave me some great advice about the area and through the course of general conversation I learned that it was their anniversary. To me this was just the first example of how well their customer service was. They were willing to stay late rather than leave a key in the drop box for me to personally check me in on their anniversary. After a few moments I was checked in and on my way to my room.

The room itself is nothing fancy but it was clean, comfortable and modern. I had a comfortable bed, extra pillows were in the room if needed, mini fridge (with free bottled water), air con, and a ironing board. The tv is rather small but it serves its purpose. The internet was free ( big plus as most places charge extra). The bathroom was actually pretty large with a nice sized shower and overall it was very clean and well kept.

The next morning before checkout I had breakfast which was made cooked to order. Breakfast was $12.50 and it came with a large plate of eggs and beacon as well as anything off the continental breakfast that I wanted. They had several different selections of juice and types of mild, fresh bread, cereal and fruits. Again breakfast was cooked by the owners. I sat outside by the pool and enjoyed a nice quiet breakfast followed by some casual conversation with the owners.

I never tried the pool but the grounds were well kept and looked inviting. No worries for a family with small children as the pool was enclosed with a nice glass fence to keep any little ones out.

There is a nice restaurant only a few minutes walk away with a bottle shop connected.

In the end I plan on coming back and staying at this motel for future visits to the area as I could not have asked for a better host and place to stay.

Thanks Mick and Julie for the warm hospitality.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SOBX_BeachBum_4Life
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed one night on our way up north. Nice , clean and modern.. Owners friendly and helpful. Breakfast is superb. Breakfast was value for money. Pool was good. No steps to climb into. Just walk right in like the beach.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013

This place was spotlessly clean and although offering a standard motel room, the rooms were large and modern. After a long day on the road, it was wonderful to have a comfortable place to rest and recharge the batteries for the following day. A very comfortable stay, would stay again in the future and would definitely recommend to others.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Morpeth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Spotlessly clean,modern and recently refurished. We had a large air conditioned room with very comfortable bed, tv, fridge with complimentary bottled water.Telephone and a modern large bathroom with walk in shower. Wi fi for free or a cable to connect to the internet, laundry room. Fantastic breakfasts that can be eaten around the pool. We liked it so much that we stayed a fortnight.
Michael and Julie have only owned the Motel for about a month, they are very freindly and helpful.
While the motel is not on the beach it is just a few minutes drive from lots of amazing beaches. Shopping and local sightseeing and is within easy reach of Pier One for access to keppel Island and Great Barrier Reef.
A tavern is next door a definite plus.
If you are lucky enough to stay at this motel you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janet T
Ghent, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

The only reason why I didn't rate it 5 stars us because they got our booking information wrong. They didn't fund the reservation for the second room and one room had 2 seperate beds instead of a king ! They fixed everything very fast though.

The rooms are very clean with al the comfort you need: free WiFi, fridge, complimentary water & coffee, ....

Good breakfast to with fresh made eggs and bacon !

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yeppoon
Rosslyn Bay Resort
#3 of 7 in Yeppoon
Bayview Tower
Bayview Tower
#5 of 7 in Yeppoon

Been to The Coast Motel? Share your experiences!