“Good for a short break”
Review of The Coast Motel

The Coast Motel
Ranked #2 of 7 Yeppoon B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Lovely room, very spacious. Good size bathroom with plenty of bench space. Clean and comfortable. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Perhaps a small complaint, the TV was very small, had to drag chairs in front of bed to be able to view it comfortably. Location on highway and had to drive to town, beaches etc. Our room was not facing the highway, so we did not get any traffic noise. Would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Had one of the best stops on this trip,Michael & Julie were great even though we had to cut our stay short but you get that.The room I could not of asked for any thing better,breakfast near the pool, cooked to perfection plus good weather and having a restaurant in a Tavern on the site excellent. We will be back,nothing to fault basically very clean and spacious, thanks again.

Room Tip: I think all rooms a great but no ground floor rooms if you can't handle stairs. (Min)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Merv J
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at this motel last night (Wednesday 16th of April ). Rooms are huge, bed comfortable, large clean bathroom. Only con was the tv wouldn't go louder than volume 50, which to our deaf ears was a touch low, but I understand why, so as not to disturb neighbours with excessive noise. It is close to the highway but extremely quiet. Didn't use the free wifi. Tavern & Bottlo next door which is handy. Prices very good. Can't fault this place.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carmie00
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely midweek stay at this motel & enjoyed everything about it, the rooms are spotless & spacious with a huge bathroom & a balcony, free internet great choice of continental or fully cooked breakfast by the pool, with the added bonus of a nice clean quiet tavern next door, for lunch & dinner, didn't take long to realise it's a very popular eating place with the locals, always a good sign, very reasonably priced too. Our hosts Michael & Julie very obliging nothing a bother for them & always happy to stop for a chat. Definately recommending to everyone. This establishment beats The Rosslyn Bay Reort by a mile on price, location cleanliness facilities & especially first class staff & service.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Caroaminholidays
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We stayed only one night at this Motel, but found it to be comfortable and clean with modern decor. The room itself and the bathroom is also very spacious. The only slight annoyance we had was with the flimsy door lock. We didn't realise the push button wasn't locked properly until the occupant of the room next door mistakenly came into our room at 3 a.m. which gave him, and us, a hell of a fright!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fruit_Tart
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My husband and I only stayed at the Coast Motel for 1 night. We arrived late and left early in the morning so this review is just about the room.
The room is very spacious, so is the bathroom.
There is a fridge, tea/coffee facilities. There is no microwave.
There is a flat screen TV and free wireless internet.
The room was spotless.
We only stayed there because we had to catch the boat to Great Keppel Island in the morning and we needed a hotel to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I was looking for a place to stay and my company gets me a nice discount at the large resort in town but after having them change the price on me and just flat out being rude. I turned to trip advisor and found this nice motel. I made a quick phone call and spoke to a lady over the phone that was very nice and made my reservation.

I was running a little late coming into town so I made a call to the motel and was told no worries about running late and that they would wait around for me. Once arriving at the motel I was greeted by the owners Mick, Julie and their son(family run business) and checked into my room. While checking in the owners gave me some great advice about the area and through the course of general conversation I learned that it was their anniversary. To me this was just the first example of how well their customer service was. They were willing to stay late rather than leave a key in the drop box for me to personally check me in on their anniversary. After a few moments I was checked in and on my way to my room.

The room itself is nothing fancy but it was clean, comfortable and modern. I had a comfortable bed, extra pillows were in the room if needed, mini fridge (with free bottled water), air con, and a ironing board. The tv is rather small but it serves its purpose. The internet was free ( big plus as most places charge extra). The bathroom was actually pretty large with a nice sized shower and overall it was very clean and well kept.

The next morning before checkout I had breakfast which was made cooked to order. Breakfast was $12.50 and it came with a large plate of eggs and beacon as well as anything off the continental breakfast that I wanted. They had several different selections of juice and types of mild, fresh bread, cereal and fruits. Again breakfast was cooked by the owners. I sat outside by the pool and enjoyed a nice quiet breakfast followed by some casual conversation with the owners.

I never tried the pool but the grounds were well kept and looked inviting. No worries for a family with small children as the pool was enclosed with a nice glass fence to keep any little ones out.

There is a nice restaurant only a few minutes walk away with a bottle shop connected.

In the end I plan on coming back and staying at this motel for future visits to the area as I could not have asked for a better host and place to stay.

Thanks Mick and Julie for the warm hospitality.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SOBX_BeachBum_4Life
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yeppoon
Rosslyn Bay Resort
#3 of 7 in Yeppoon
Echelon Apartments
Echelon Apartments
#1 of 14 in Yeppoon

Been to The Coast Motel? Share your experiences!