“Worst place I have been!”
Review of Shio Kaze Sushi Bar - CLOSED

Price range: US$11 - US$53
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Japanese, Traditional Sushi Bar, seafood and steak restaurant in the Echelon Building
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

We went here on a week night there were 3 other tables with customers. 4 customers per table tops. We had to wait for the waitress serving to finish chatting to her friends o be seated. We decided what to eat and drink. 30 minutes later and we still hadn't had our order taken. There were about 4 waitresses working that night and it was not busy. We ended up walking out after she walked past 4 times making I contact and the 4 th time we told her we were ready to order but she never came back.

30 minutes waiting without even having ordered drinks is not good enough!!!

I have never left a restaurant so angry and I am very patient.

3  Thank nelsundae

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Michele the manager always makes sure we get a good table. We go there regularly. It is great to be able to go to a restaurant that does not serve steak or your usual asian meals.

Very well done and highly recommend

4  Thank Brendan H
Reviewed 25 March 2012

This is a versatile spot with take away sushi bar plus very nice eat in restaurant. Restaurant has most helpful staff who were informative without being intrusive at all. Loved the photos of dishes on iPhone - very helpful. Chef very responsive to constructive feedback. Quality wines and beers and timely service on a Friday night. Overall great value

4  Thank Davmarg
Reviewed 24 March 2012

Unbelievably bad service. We were forced to wait over an hour and a half for our food, which came out piecemeal. Some of us didn't end up eating because we were so frustrated with waiting and so cancelled our orders. The wait staff didn't seem to care, and when it came time to pay our bill, they tried to overcharge us for some items. Apparently their prices had changed, but they hadn't bothered to change their menus. False advertising much? They also wanted to charge us a ridiculous amount for water, because apparently theirs is "special". The last one of us to pay was forced to pay for drinks that she did not order because they couldn't get their docket straight. It was unbelievable, and they didn't even seem to care or realize that what they were doing was unacceptable. And the sushi was only ok.

4  Thank r h
Reviewed 4 March 2012

In my opinion, this is the best restaurant in the Rockhampton / Yeppoon area hands down. I went with a party of 7 including some elderly friends that have never eaten Sushi before. I was completely surprised that Shio Kaze offers so much more than just sushi. We ordered drinks and within a few minutes they were delivered, along with a complimentary appetiser, which was a pleasant surprise and absolutely delicious. I had a sushi platter for entree and a salmon main - both were to die for, the sushi is the best I have had and the salmon was perfection. Everyone on the table, whilst extremely satisfied with the size of the meals, wanted more! If I had any negative comments (and this is purely nit picking) I suppose the length of time taken for the meals to come out could be considered a bit long, however we barely noticed due to the large size of our party and we had to keep attracting the attention of the waitress to order more drinks. Bottom line, if you are looking for great food, a reasonable price and something a bit different for this area, you will not be disappointed. I would recommend to all.

6  Thank Andrew T