See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Paid for three nights , got my key found my room.
Walked in viewed the room, I was amazed that a room could be so terrible.
No lock on window,shower was in appalling condition had doubts about my personal security and for my vehicle.
Best part of my visit ,getting my refund and driving away.

Date of stay: April 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank isuzu228
Reviewed 29 December 2015

Arrived in Gawler at 3.30pm. Coming from the north, we travelled through Gawler itself, and decided to phone the motel for directions as we had travelled allng a road signposted as Main North Road without seeing the motel. The woman to whom I spoke couldn't really give helpful directions and failed to mention that the motel is actually hidden behind a Vet and a couple of other shops and we needed to take a service road to enter it. She also could have mentioned that it was past both the Coles/Bunnings shopping centre and the Woolworths shopping centre.
It was 35° in the shade and when we arrived at our room ( with a handwritten number on the door ) the fridge was not switched on, the air conditioner was not switched on, the room was like an oven and had an overpowering smell of toilet cleaner from being closed up in the heat.
Three people booked and paid for to, share the room, and two mugs supplied and in common with a lot of other bad motels, the electric kettle could not be filled from the tap in the vanity and needed to be filled under the shower.....delightful to say the least!!
After having a shower under fluctuating hot and cold water it was discovered that the uncarpeted floor in the room was badly in need of a wash as our feet had rapidly become dirty from walking around in the room barefooted. Oh and the bath towels could easily pass as overgrown hand towels.
Whilst this motel doesn't charge the earth it certainly doesn't hurt to be able to provide a far better standard that what we found here. A cool room with a clean carpeted floor and a working fridge would have been a great start, plus the ability to give directions to this hidden place would have been a big help, after all if I knew that the Gawler Motel was not in Gawler, but in Evanston I would probably be a local and not need a motel at all!

Room tip: Bypass this one!
Date of stay: December 2015