“Fantastic!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Lyndoch
Price range: US$5 - US$32
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Lord Lyndoch has been traiding for 10 Years.. Family owned and operated.. Full Table service.. Lunch served 12-2pm daily Dinner served 6-8 nightly Open for coffee, Wine Beer or cake all day every day.. We would love to make your Barossa experience a memorable one!
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was given a voucher from my workmates for the Lord Lyndoch so I took my husband there one Saturday night. We shared a starter of deep fried camembert which was nice. Then I had the biggest fillet mignon I have ever seen! It came on a bed of mashed potato with mushroom gravy. The fillet was so large that the smoky bacon sat along side the meat. Plus a bowl of fresh steamed veg was also placed alongside. Huge portion - but they gladly gave me a doggie-bag to take home :)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Such a cute and homely establishment.
Service was efficient and super friendly, as soon as i put my empty wine glass down i was asked if I'd like another which is great, nothing worse than waiting around to ask for another drink.
Had the stuffed mushroom for entree which were very nice.
For mains we both had the 200gram steak, my friend had the steak cooked medium well and I had mine medium rare, we both agreed it was the best steak we have ever had.
The meat was obviously premium quality and coupled with the way it was cooked meant for a very tasty, succulent and tender steak.
If you're a steak lover, this place is definitely a place to try :)

1  Thank estellef88
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Was referred to this restaurant by locals (always a good move) and was very pleasantly surprised by the meal and service. I had eaten at a number of places around the Barossa and was disappointed - nice but not excellent. Entering the Lord Lyndoch, yes the decor is a bit dated but to look at the decor is not why I go out for a meal. The night was busy with the majority of tables filled with couples, singles and families so I had expected a wait. I was served immediately and asked if I had a reservation - no - so was asked if I would mind sitting in the cafe section - no I did not mind at all. I was seated, drink order taken and drinking my first scotch within about three minutes (excellent service). The waitress came back after short period of time and I ordered a steak and salad. Meal was served up within 15 to 20 minutes (again very acceptable) with the steak perfectly cooked -med rare-. I could have used a butter knife to cut the steak it was that tender, the salad was fresh and the chips were served in a small fryer (nice touch). My only question to the gentleman serving was can I have cracked pepper. He produced this within seconds (maybe should not have had to ask?). I finished off the night with the best coffee I have tried in the Barossa and a chat with a couple I presume are the owners. Well worth the stop even if it is only for coffee as I believe that they are open during the day.

Full marks and I will be back and will be suggesting all my overseas friends visit this fine dining restaurant with a very country atmosphere

2  Thank John H
Reviewed 7 May 2014

After a terrible experience elsewhere in Lyndoch this place confirmed the region's reputation for excellence. The steak was cooked perfectly and the Schnitzel was also delicious. The desserts we tried were of outstanding taste and presentations, especially the apple and rhubarb crumble served hot with ice cream on a timber board with more crumble. Also enjoyed the short black coffee. The prices are more than reasonable considering the overall experience.

1  Thank Jurgen R
Reviewed 7 May 2014

If you are looking for some good food, certainly Lord Lyndoch is worth a stop. Food was great, fresh and of good quality. Good wine list, as you would expect in a wine region. Service was good but could be a little more attentive. For the price and quality I would expect some good quality paper napkins or even cloth. Without nagging on details, the food is certainly worth a visit.

1  Thank frascott