Julian and Jane are great hosts and cook up a mean breakfast. They were a bit long on duck eggs when we were there but they were very tasty. The full cooked breakfast sets you up for the day...well until about 2pm anyway, and provides a good lining for the start of your wine tasting. Their advice is friendly and on the money about where to go and where to eat. I liked the touch of the chocolates and port in the room as a bit of a night cap. I did say to Julian I was disappointed not to get a better view of the vegetable patch..still can't please everyone. There is a big lounge area to sit in and read and the days papers were there each morning. All in all a good spot and I will happily go back. I would urge them to consider an offer of dinner so that we can enjoy the wines of the Barossa without having to worry about driving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the Barossa at award-winning Abbotsford Country House. Enjoying breathtaking views and well-placed location to tour the Adelaide Hills and Clare wine regions. This fully hosted, Colonial Georgian guesthouse hotel has 8 beautifully appointed suites, each with substantial ensuites. Abbotsford promises an intimate stay and personalized service dedicated to a truly memorable Barossan food and wine experience. Includes: Full breakfast daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Abbotsford Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abbotsford Country House Hotel Lyndoch
- Abbotsford Country Hotel
- Abbotsford Country House Lyndoch, Barossa Valley