Best Western Melaleuca Motel
Harbour View Motel(Robe)(Great Value!)
US$91
US$93
US$86
Lakeview Motel(Robe)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$95
Agoda.com
Guichen Bay Motel(Robe)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$89
US$80
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsguest laundrychinese restaurantfull kitchenand free wi fione night stopoverbeds were comfortablemodern bathroomoff street parkingthe location is perfectlovely gardenlocal attractionssouth australiagave us a mapqueen bedmain streetdriving the great ocean roadan overnight stay
Reviewed 14 June 2014

This motel would have been perfect had the blackout not happen that night we check in. The staff is very friendly and shows us everything we need to know about the room with a spa bath. It looks good and spacious plus it finally has free WIFI for us to connect to everyone at home. I am so thrilled to send photos and chats to my family and friends. When we return from our dinner, the whole town is having a blackout and there is torchlight left hanging on our door. The whole town is in total darkness so is our room. There goes the WIFI and spa bath! There is nothing we can do except to sleep early and pray the electricity will come back soon. In the morning, we manage to enjoy what we miss the night before. Though there is some letdown, we still enjoy the stay and wish the blackout did not happen.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Martin S, General Manager at Best Western Melaleuca Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hi JorinGoh, Thank you for your review of our motel. It was indeed unfortunate that the whole town had a blackout the night you stayed with us. As you said we have torches available for all of our guests in such cases. We have installed solar lights right around the motel as well which serves us by not having to spend money on electricity and in the event of a blackout. We trust that you enjoyed the remainder of yur holiday in our lovely country.
Cheers

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here one night whilst travelling Great Ocean Road. Host Martin is fabulous. Was really obliging with everything. Everything else was, well, awful. The room was clean though. Pillows were awful and the bathroom was more like a cupboard with a toilet shower and sink in. The water pressure was diabolical in the shower. The sliding door came off its hinges first time we opened it although Martin was straight over to fix it. However, he said he'd been waiting weeks for a joiner to fix it. Not good enough.

Room Tip: Don't bother.
1  Thank Julie P
Martin S, General Manager at Best Western Melaleuca Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Hi Julie P. Thank you for your review of our motel. I consider your comment "Everything else was, well, awful" the opposite view of most of our guests. We realize that our motel is an older one but we try to make up for it with our cleanliness and hospitality. Yes the bathroom is small but it is certainly not a cupboard & is quite large enough & adequate for an overnight stay. There were four pillows in your room and they are all good quality so I don't understand how you couldn't find one that was suitable. We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your holiday.
Kind regards

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Stayed here last week with my wife and had a comfortable night. The hot water for the shower wasn't hot enough for my normal bath, however the hot water from the sink tap was excellent so I told the host about this during check out and he said he'll have his plumber check the bathroom where we stayed. They also called us a few minutes after we checked out to let us know about the shirt I accidentally left hanging in the wardrobe, so I got it back before heading back home.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Martin S, General Manager at Best Western Melaleuca Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hi mitanahoney. Thank you for your review of our motel we appreciate it. It was great that you commented on the hot water to me as we had the plumber come and check out the HWS. As we don't sleep in the rooms we do rely on guest feedback for any problems which we then act upon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 17 May 2014

had a FANTASTIC stay, free movie hire (a nice surprise for my 3yr old), SPOTLESS room, exceptional service, truly a home away from home. with all things Robe has to offer at your door step. will be back.

Room Tip: private parking spaces are just outside very secure, spacious rooms. walk across the road to beach and playground, or down the street for AWESOME cafe food (try providore for a wonderful breakfast service)and bars.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Hi r b. Thank you for your lovely review of our property I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I trust the rest of your holiday was good as ell. We do pride ourselves on our cleanliness and as you say the free DVD collection of over 500 DVD's is a bonus. All the best of wishes & we hope to see you again
Kindest regards
Martin Stanley .

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I decided to stay in Robe after just driving into town on a road trip and decided I liked the feel of it so much I wanted to stay the night. Because of the holidays and the cruise ship (that apparently didn't show) I got the last room. The owner couldn't not have been more helpful and obliging, letting me see the room and also providing me a map and pointing out the things to do and see. The location of the motel is fantastic - very central and walking distance to everything. Very clean and comfortable - the owner obviously takes a lot of pride in his motel. Had a great night sleep too - lovely and quiet. I would definite stay again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Martin S, General Manager at Best Western Melaleuca Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Hi kwillyau. Thank you so much for the great review of our motel. We try very hard with making people feel at home & particularly with our cleanliness. We do hope to see you again
'Kind regards Martin Stanley