“Wonderful and Relaxing!”

Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast
St Augustine
“Wonderful and Relaxing!”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay in the Washburn room at the Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast. We LOVED our stay!! The houses are historic and beautiful, and the hosts, Dan and Lynn are attentive and gracious. The breakfasts Lynn prepared for us were delicious, to say the least! We drove to Lake Lure each day - an easy 25 min away - and a pleasant drive. It was so nice to be able to come back to the Carrier Houses each evening to relax on the porches, eat fresh baked cookies, and talk with the owners and other guests. The next time we're in the area, we will definitely try to stay here again - would highly recommend - a comfortable, relaxing, and memorable visit!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I needed to attend a funeral receiving in Forest City, but the one hotel that looked good there was full. They recommended the Carrier. I got the last room for the night. It was very nice, with a comfortable bed and a nice sitting area for reading. The bathroom was small - but what I've come to expect from older house B&Bs. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a plate of delicious fresh fruit, then stuffed French Toast with strawberries. It kept me full until a late lunch. The other guests were nice to meet. (There were 5 of us, all men.) I will certainly stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 29 April 2011

Stayed here for a work trip to Forest City. My room, the Washburn room, was huge and full of knick knacks to explore. It was so cozy and cute. For breakfast, Lynn made stuffed French toast with fresh strawberries and bacon, then gave me muffins to take to the office. Super nice!

This would be a great place for a girls' weekend out as there are two houses you could take rooms in.

There's not much going on in the town of Rutherfordton but that might be a good thing! Sit on the porch and decompress all weekend.

Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
cherrylog
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Quiet and charming place. Lynn was very friendly and elegant. Traveled for business and the cozy environment was nice to come and relax to. Very quaint and reminded me of staying with my aunts when I was younger. Dan was gone for the week and the internet modem was down, but this did not hinder the experience. The bathrooms are a bit small, but serve the purposes needed for a bathroom. I hope to go back and stay with my wife and kids outside of business. Excellent stay.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherfordton
Holiday Inn Express Forest City
The Firehouse Inn
The Firehouse Inn
#2 of 4 in Rutherfordton
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure

Been to Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!