“Delightful!”

Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Delightful!”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Southern hospitality is the key at Carrier. I was here in early December. The hallway and my room were tastefully decorated for Christmas. Fresh ice water, hot cider and cookies were available in the evening. Breakfast was delicious. Room was very pleasant. Bathroom was small. Hosts were most welcoming and offered their help if there were any issues. Carrier Houses is in the center of town. While you are in the area, check out the Doncaster Warehouse and Showroom, less than two miles away. I will stay here again!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Fleetcaptain

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have been staying at the Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast for at least 3 years now. I travel to this area and stay at the Carrier House at least 2 to 3 nights a week. I have stayed in every room between the two houses. I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience. That is a pretty good track record of satisfaction! I can not tell you how much it means to have a safe, comfortable, clean, relaxing and accommodating place to stay when you are a frequent business traveler. I am surprised by the review with the title "Not for Business Traveler". As we all know with life and business you can't please everyone. I usually stay in the Haynes Room. It has 5 plug in outlets (2 plugs per outlet = 10 total places to plug your electronic devices). I travel with no less than my laptop and cell phone and have never had an issue in any room being able to at least plug these devices in at the same time. The rooms are decorated to suit a bed and breakfast. The beds are comfortable, clean and do not have worn out bedding on them. Breakfast is served from 8 am til 9 am. I have never left the breakfast table hungry. Breakfast is homemade and delicious. It is cooked fresh in house for you once you sit down at the breakfast table. The fruit plate is a perfect portion size. If it were any bigger you would not be able to eat your main breakfast dish and/ or the homemade muffins. I would highly recommend the Carrier House to ANY Traveler. Thank you Lynn & Dan for all that you do, all your hard work in accommodating everyone's needs & for always making me feel like part of the family!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CNSimmons
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This was the first time my husband and I stayed at a bed and breakfast and we loved it! Very neat and clean and breakfast was awesome every morning. Both houses are decorated beautifully.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank deexray
columbia,sc
Reviewed 1 September 2011

Nice location on the end of Main St. You can walk down one side and up the other.
We also went to Lake Lure and Chimney Rock, they are only 20 miles away.
Surrounded by other small towns. Rutherfordton is quite small.Was an old Victorian home converted. Very small bath. Inn keepers were extremely nice and the breakfasts were very yummy!

Room Tip: We stayed in Washburn room. Room was nice, but shower was very small. May want to check out another...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Belmont, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 August 2011

I stayed here in August via the travel agent my company uses, won't go back and will have removed from preferred hotels,etc in the area. I wasn't able to check in until 10:00pm, due to my work schedule. I was taken to my room which had an outside entrance up a narrow set of stairs. The room was decorated in the the period of the 30's and 40's which would be ok IF they had addtional power outlets for Cell phone and laptop. There was a king Size bed which looked comfy till you sat on it, and felt the springs thru the OLD YELLOW almost Rust colored EggCrate over mattress along with the mattress pad which had been dried so many times the "DO NOT REMOVE BY GOVERMENT" tag had shrunk and become as had as a piece of metal, which stuck my in my thigh leaving a big bruise. The chase lounge at end of bed was just for looks because it was another piece when you sat on it, you hit springs. They did provide a nature machine by the bedside which would have been nice if could have kept plugged in while using laptop and charging cell phone. I was up and down thru out night due to being uncomfortable in the bed. I was awakened for the last time around 645am when I smelled something they were cooking was burning..They serve breakfast from 7a to 830a..... I went down to try before checking out, all they offered was stuffed French toast, a fruit plate or muffins. I asked to see the fruit plate and all it had was 6 bitesize pieces of cantalope, then 6 bitesize pieces of Honeydew and 4 little pieces of Watermelon...so I got the muffins, which was 3 Mini Muffins, cold straight out of refrig, and coffee which was weak. I WON"T STAY THERE AGAIN, and DON"T ADVICE ANYONE ELSE TO UNLESS like staying in OLD Places that need new bedding, chairs, etc.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank ChrissysBluMoon
Dan H, Owner at Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 October 2011
We hope that readers will weigh all of our reviews without relying on just one. They speak for our guests’ experiences as well. We make every effort to ensure that all our guests are safe, comfortable and happy with their accommodation. We are sorry this person was so unhappy. Any fault in our accommodations or services receives our full attention until the problem is resolved.
St Augustine
Reviewed 19 August 2011

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay in the Washburn room at the Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast. We LOVED our stay!! The houses are historic and beautiful, and the hosts, Dan and Lynn are attentive and gracious. The breakfasts Lynn prepared for us were delicious, to say the least! We drove to Lake Lure each day - an easy 25 min away - and a pleasant drive. It was so nice to be able to come back to the Carrier Houses each evening to relax on the porches, eat fresh baked cookies, and talk with the owners and other guests. The next time we're in the area, we will definitely try to stay here again - would highly recommend - a comfortable, relaxing, and memorable visit!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed 23 May 2011

I needed to attend a funeral receiving in Forest City, but the one hotel that looked good there was full. They recommended the Carrier. I got the last room for the night. It was very nice, with a comfortable bed and a nice sitting area for reading. The bathroom was small - but what I've come to expect from older house B&Bs. The hosts were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was a plate of delicious fresh fruit, then stuffed French Toast with strawberries. It kept me full until a late lunch. The other guests were nice to meet. (There were 5 of us, all men.) I will certainly stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherfordton
Baymont Inn & Suites Forest City
#1 of 4 in Rutherfordton
The Lodge on Lake Lure
The Lodge on Lake Lure
#2 of 3 in Lake Lure

Been to Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!