“2 days of beauty”

Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 24 April 2013

We stayed at Carriage house for 2 nights as we had a wedding to go too in Rutherfordton. Days were 19th-20th of April 2013. First Dan and Lynn (owners), made our stay so great. The room was very nice and reminded me of going to my Grandparent's in the 50's ! Our bed room was very nice and clean and old fashion at that. The 2 houses were built like in the early 1800's. Each room was a little different from each other, The grounds were landscapes beautiful with colorful trees and shrubs. They also has a man made waterfalls and creek running in the yard with Koi's. But what really made this place special were Dan and Lynn!!! The breakfasts were tasty and different with Lynn's using her own ideas in each dish. She told us what she was making every morning and if you didn't want what she had planned you could always tell her what you wanted and She made it for you. BUT Her dishes were great, I recommend this say to all who loved BB's and like me it was my 1st stay at one!

Room Tip: THERE WAS 1 ROOM THAT HAD THEIR OWN PORCH, BUT TALKING TO OTHER GUEST WAS WHAT MADE THIS PLACE SO SP...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WILDDOG
Dan H, Owner at Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Thanks for your kind words. It's good to know that our efforts pay off with happy customers like you folks. Hope you'll come back soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed in the Coxe Room in Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast for one night during our road trip in the middle of October.

Very lovely house with warm and cosy old style room décor. One could spend the whole day going around and checking all small decorations and the details of the house. On a slightly negative note – the bed was rather old and not very comfortable. Every time I even slightly moved, the bed made big noise that woke me up several times during the night. My boyfriend had much better sleep, since he was wearing the earplugs. So, my advice – get some before going there.

However, all the negative can be forgotten because of one thing – the owners. It is said that every good house has a soul. If so, the soul of that B&B were Dan & Lynn. And a beautiful soul it was. They made me feel like home – truly welcomed and cared about. They took time to talk with us, went extra step to make my boyfriends birthday morning more memorable. Finally, the breakfast was excellent – fresh and individually made for every guest.

All and all – definitely a place to come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nat S
Dan H, Owner at Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you for your kind remarks. We are happy to say that the squeaky antique bed has been fixed and is providing a restful night’s sleep once again (with or without earplugs). We hope that you will have an opportunity to come back and see for yourself.

If you decorated a Christmas ornament while you were here, you may view the video of our 2012 tree on our Facebook page or website. We had over 550 ornaments decorated by guests from 18 countries and over 30 US states. We hope that our Christmas 2013 tree proves to be as amazing as the 2012 tree.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

My husband and I stayed for just one night for a quick getaway to celebrate our Wedding Anniversary, and didn't want to leave! Dan and Lynn are great hosts, that really make you feel welcome. This was our first stay in a bed and breakfast, and we loved it! They have jigsaw puzzles out, in the … read moreparlor, and I loved that! The breakfast was delicious, Lynn really has a talent in the kitchen! I also loved that you didn't have to be at the kitchen table at a certain time to eat, they actually give you a timeframe, which is way more relaxing and convenient. We plan to visit again! -The Cannon's

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DanaC881
Reviewed 24 September 2012

I visited family in North Carolina recently and stayed with Dan and Lynn at their wonderful B&B. I must say, I could not have had a better experience! I stayed in the Coxe room. It was so cozy and comfortable . . . furnished with beautiful antiques befitting the 1800's era of the houses. Dan and Lynn are fantastic hosts. They offer a welcoming haven with respect for your privacy. They are very good at anticipating your needs before you even know them! The breakfasts were out of this world. While I was there I had fruit and coffee every morning. Among the varied menu (which changed daily) I was treated to blueberry pancakes with bacon, spinach and cheese crepes with bacon and stuffed french toast with apples . . . and bacon! I highly suggest that if you're making a trip anywhere near the Blue Ridge Mountains - do yourself a favor and stay with Dan and Lynn at The Carrier House. It will be among your favorite memories.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Connie H
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Southern hospitality is the key at Carrier. I was here in early December. The hallway and my room were tastefully decorated for Christmas. Fresh ice water, hot cider and cookies were available in the evening. Breakfast was delicious. Room was very pleasant. Bathroom was small. Hosts were most welcoming and offered their help if there were any issues. Carrier Houses is in the center of town. While you are in the area, check out the Doncaster Warehouse and Showroom, less than two miles away. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Fleetcaptain
Reviewed 22 October 2011

I have been staying at the Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast for at least 3 years now. I travel to this area and stay at the Carrier House at least 2 to 3 nights a week. I have stayed in every room between the two houses. I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience. That is a pretty good track record of satisfaction! I can not tell you how much it means to have a safe, comfortable, clean, relaxing and accommodating place to stay when you are a frequent business traveler. I am surprised by the review with the title "Not for Business Traveler". As we all know with life and business you can't please everyone. I usually stay in the Haynes Room. It has 5 plug in outlets (2 plugs per outlet = 10 total places to plug your electronic devices). I travel with no less than my laptop and cell phone and have never had an issue in any room being able to at least plug these devices in at the same time. The rooms are decorated to suit a bed and breakfast. The beds are comfortable, clean and do not have worn out bedding on them. Breakfast is served from 8 am til 9 am. I have never left the breakfast table hungry. Breakfast is homemade and delicious. It is cooked fresh in house for you once you sit down at the breakfast table. The fruit plate is a perfect portion size. If it were any bigger you would not be able to eat your main breakfast dish and/ or the homemade muffins. I would highly recommend the Carrier House to ANY Traveler. Thank you Lynn & Dan for all that you do, all your hard work in accommodating everyone's needs & for always making me feel like part of the family!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CNSimmons
Reviewed 23 September 2011

This was the first time my husband and I stayed at a bed and breakfast and we loved it! Very neat and clean and breakfast was awesome every morning. Both houses are decorated beautifully.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank deexray
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rutherfordton
Holiday Inn Express Forest City
Baymont Inn & Suites Forest City
The Firehouse Inn
The Firehouse Inn
#2 of 4 in Rutherfordton

Been to Carrier Houses Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!