“Marina Views”

Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Wood Oven Pizza, Local Seafood, Burgers & Good Times. Large selection of Coopers beers, Craft beer & ciders. Fresh Cocktails & extensive wine list. All with a spectacular waterside view. #eatlocal
Adelaide
“Marina Views”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

We stayed in a motel room for 3 nights. Lovely large rooms, our balcony faced the marina and the bathroom with a bath with a view facing the sea. We booked through travel auctions so we go value for money. The rooms need to have cleaning stepped up especially the window looking over the marina . Some maintenance is needed such as skirting boards needed fixing + updating of tv. There were extras ie a toaster + dvd player. I would recommend the apartments for a relaxing break.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank AdelaideJulie

Adelaide, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,046 helpful votes
“Pub food in a pub environment overlooking an attractive marina”
Reviewed 15 May 2011

This establishment is a pub/tavern within the Marina Hotel- Apartment complex.

It offers Australian pub style counter meals and service- you order and pay in advance at the counter, then they bring he food to your table.

The menu offers traditional pub favorites: fish and chips, schnitzels, steak and salads, as well as daily specials.

Before writing this review, I read the previous poor reviews- my dining experience was better than the very bad experiences reported previously.

I had the lamb shanks with potato and sweet potato mash- tasty and good value at AUD28 (see picture).

Maybe I was lucky with this choice- I thought it represented reasonable value and quality for a country pub. My choice of food seemed better than that of my friends who I dined with- the Pernod Prawns seemed quite small, and the Marina Seafood Combo was light on in the amount and range of the seafood served. Nonetheless, it was all "okay".

The staff were friendly, helpful and cheerful. Service was quite fast as well.

In this area, there are few dining choices.. this probably represents a reasonable choice for a casual meal.

• Visited May 2011
Moonta
“What goes in must come out.............”
Reviewed 5 December 2009

I attended the Wallaroo Marina Hotel for a work function.
It was a smorgas board setup and they were catering for several different groups at once.
The service was very slow and the staff at the bar had no concept of who was next. At one stage I gave up trying to get a drink as I had simply waited too long.

The food was sad to say the lease. The prawns were hot when served and fell apart when peeled. They had a funny smell. There were about 20 oysters laid out for about 200 people and while they were served on ice it is obvious that they had been prepared some time before as the ice was mainly water when they came out. The mussels were dry and rubbery. The meat was also lack lustre, served in a bain marie that was not on. It was not hot enough and the ham was still on the bone and we had to carve it ourselves. The other meats were swimming in juices that made them more of a soup/broth rather than hot roast meat. The deserts were nothing special. The piece of Pav that I had was shop bought with a bit of cream on top. Same as you can get from Coles home brand. The staff were slow to replace dishes that had been finished, resulting in lining up for 10 minuets for food to find the one you wanted not there when you got there. When one of our group asked for a new knife and fork the staff were rude. The plates were dirty. Needless to say I didn't eat much.

The room we were in was noisy with very little soft furnishings to break up the noise resulting it being so loud that you had to shout to heard and then when the band started to play while we were still eating there was no point in conversation. We eventually left that room even though we had paid for the band.

They attempted to serve all 200 people at once which resulted in long lines for food.
The seating was in long tables with not enough room between the tables resulting in it being hard to get in and out. Several times I had food spilt on me from people trying to return to their seats with their meal.

I have spent the next morning with both ends pointed at the toilet. As I write this I am feeling very low with quite severe stomach cramps. IMHO this is one place to avoid. Very disappointing, I can think of many better things to do with my $55.00 that to buy a morning on the loo.

3 Thank James P