“Just what I needed!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Ararat
Bendigo, Australia
“Just what I needed!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I stayed here in April 2014, just for one night and it was exactly what I needed! I arrived late (about midnight), and the key was out for me, and room was ready, and my room receipt was printed etc. Room was small, but cheerful, warm and clean. VERY good value for the price.
Would definitely stay again, and would recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Chris D, Manager at Chalambar Motel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your nice review I am glad you like it here

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed last weekend still the most comfortable, clean, in good repair and modern motel in Ararat. Already looking forward to my next trip up.
The managers are most helpful and will help to sort out any problems that you may have. They can also tell you the best places to eat in town as well as book tables if need.
A perfect place to base yourself to explore the area or for a nights stop. You won't find any better in Ararat I would recommend the chalambar motel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Just passing through and so glad it was only a one night stay. First of all when I called to make a reservation the woman answered the phone with "hello" so I had to verify it was the hotel. This woman was far from delightful, to the point where I said "I'm sorry did I wake you?" I should've known what to expect from then. I was only looking for a cheap room but never expected the room to be so small, I am a frequent traveler and have never come across such a pokey, dinghy, run down property. The cupboards were broken and the bathroom was very damp. I would definitely pay a little more next time for a superior product.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Chris D, Owner at Chalambar Motel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
I am disappointed you called the Chalambar Motel a run down dinghy pokey motel .Fair enough the rooms are small but This is a country Motel not the Hilton. The bathrooms are not damp and all the doors are not falling off, may be 1 might be loose. Sorry you had a bad stay here. Everyone loves coming to our Motel
Callawadda
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed for a night room was ok a bit loud and cold, had a meal at the restaurant it was awful they forgot the main item in a Caesar salad (poached egg) then the wait staff tried to tell me it was an optional extra when I re read the menu to them it read topped with a poached egg, the forgot extra chips on another meal, the salad seemed like it was unwashed a bit grainy feeling, the plates were still dirty in the bottom as were bowls on the sides, ordered a tiramisu slice, got charged a desert price then the wait staff realised it was not on the menu it was out of the fridge so we ended up with 2 slices & 2 menu desserts....
The staff need to know there menu and learn how too clean dishes properly

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Travellingfarmers002
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Just arrived back home from another great weekend at the Ararat Jailhouse rock n roll festival made all the better by staying at the Chalambar motel. This year we stayed in our usual HUGE room that is warm and very comfortable . You cannot find a better place to stay in Ararat and really the staff,Chris and Ian make you feel so welcomed. We were booking in and another rock n roller came to book in at the same time carrying flowers for the warmth she received last year from Chris and Ian. Stay hear or miss out,it,s the best. The rooms are comfortable and clean with everything needed to not want to leave

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Adelaide Australia
Reviewed 17 November 2013

A wonderfully warm motel. Great staff and very friendly. Show no bias towards motorcycle riders and made us feel totally welcome. Great location to the town and all the facilities there. Would highly recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank SouthAussiePhil
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Absolutely loved this motel. Friends and I stayed for one night only but were very happy with the room and the service provided. Traveled from Adelaide for the Aradale Lunatic Asylum overnight ghost investigation the Friday night before so needed a nice comfortable place to stay before our drive back on the Sunday. Allowed us to check in at 11, much appreciated as we'd had no sleep the night prior! Once again, the owners were lovely and gave us a nice warm welcome. Will definitely stay here again if we're ever over that way! Thanks! Emma, George, Carly & Daniel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Emma J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ararat
Econo Lodge Statesman Ararat
Ararat Motor Inn
Ararat Motor Inn
#1 of 6 in Ararat
Ararat Colonial Lodge Motel

Been to Chalambar Motel? Share your experiences!