“Average”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Ararat
Portland, Australia
“Average”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is apparently the first review since the refurbishment. Our room was quite large and had new carpet, drapes and a king size bed. The bathroom was completely re-tiled but the original spa bath was left and looked totally out of place. Despite the claim of double glazing the internal glaze was Perspex, not glass and this left the noise from the railway and highway to still come through quite noticeably.

Room rates have been hiked [ our was $125 per night ] probably to recoup costs of refurb. It certainly did not warrant the price. Occupancy was really low on the Friday and fractionally better last night [Sat } Would find it hard to recommend yet.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear room away from directly facing the road.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 November 2013

I recently stayed here on a business trip to the area for 1 night. I did not do the booking and would never have chosen this motel if I had.

This motel is right on the Western Highway and the trucks and trains keep you awake all night. I am told (subsequently) the busiest days on the highway are Tuesdays and Thursday nights and I was there on a Thursday night.

The room I stayed in was VERY close to the Highway. It had a king size bed which was surprisingly comfortable.

The rooms are very basic and outdated. This motel is in desperate need of a renovation.

The inside walls of the room are exposed brick.

In the morning I ate in their restaurant area. (I am told they do great Chinese food). I sat down and was asked if I wanted breakfast. I said "yes". The person then disappeared and 10mins later they reappeared with bacon and eggs and white toast for me. Was very funny.

In short I would certainly not choose to stay here again. There are a number of hotels more central in the town and away from the highway which I would choose in future.

I asked the staff how business was and they said they were often full.....they went on to stay that many of their guests stay when visiting people at the local prison. Lovely. I am aware that the prison is expanding, so it is likely that workmen also stay there etc.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Curfew156

Travellers are raving about these Ararat hotels

Ballarat
Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

I come across this hotel after staying somewhere else a few times (happy with previous motel also) but wanted something bit more "country"... Have stayed here now for past 2 or so months every weekend (Friday/Saturday)... The 3 different rooms ive stayed in have been extremly comfortable... Yes some minor things are not 100% eg: heater tad noisey... But traffic bearly heard Staff friendly and helpful any chance they can be... Looking forward to my stay over next couple months :-) Thanks guys see u on weekend :-)

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank LadibugFrancis
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The title sumerises everything
The staff very very helpful and so friendly
The cleanliness well that is the cleanest motel and restaurant we have stayed at
Location love seeing the train go past specially laying there of a night reminds me of home
Room was beautifuly clean and the beds comfy.
The staff were more than happy to help when something was needed. They also let our old dog stay with us... and encoraged him to play
Would recomend to all friends and family
Very very pleased and will c you again next time thanks again

• Stayed October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed overnight and thank goodness it was only one night. I have stayed in other budget hotels with great success however in this hotels case it was not a success. The bed was absolutely horrible. I think it was as old as the hotel itself. I had to get the blanket out and double it over twice to sleep on just so I wouldn't have to feel the springs as I slept. No one offered wifi to us and it was only upon leaving that we realised we could of had free wifi. The showers went from hot to cold to warm. The only good thing is that I couldn't hear the traffic from the highway.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Belinda S
Mount Barker, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I recently stayed here for 3 nights and found the room to be generally tidy & comfortable. Although it is located near the Western Hwy, the passing trucks and other traffic did not affect me. It is close to the city centre of Ararat.
The bed was comfortable. However the batteries in the wall heater did not work.
Although it stated there was a coffee maker in the room, I never saw it.
There was a very musty smell in the room. I think the bathroom may have recently been painted and it may have been from that.
There were some stains on the carpet which were a bit off-putting & the room was only made up once during my stay.
But overall, the room was comfortable & I would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Paul S
Paynesville, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The two words say it all, from the moment we arrived we were greeted with a real smile, rooms comfortable & warm, showers were hot and rooms very clean. Dining at the in house restaurant was good some more training of front house staff would be good should also increase sales. Management help with WiFi connection and it wasn't a problem even came to the room to check if all was OK. Great time. Great place. Will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Anh and Hanh N, General Manager at Econo Lodge Statesman Ararat, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Good morning Ian,
Thank you so much for choosing staying with us.
We are glad for hearing you were happy, comfortable with our rooms and our cleaner; also were enjoyable with our foods.
Just taken over business little bit more than one year but we always try our best for making all our guests staying at motel and having dinner at restaurant are satisfy and feel like their home.
You are warmly welcoming any time at our motel or restaurant.
Have a good day.
Regards,
Anh Nguyen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ararat
Comfort Inn Goldfields
Southern Cross Motor Inn
London Motor Inn
London Motor Inn
#1 of 6 in Stawell

Been to Econo Lodge Statesman Ararat? Share your experiences!