“Great accommodation, great service and great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Silver Birches

The Silver Birches
Ranked #24 of 43 Speciality Lodging in Bright
“Great accommodation, great service and great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

I have been coming to Bright for 10 years (since I was 16) and this is the best accommodation I have stayed at. I don’t always write reviews unless I feel like it’s helpful to other travellers and I felt compelled to write a review on this place.
First of all my partner and I booked accommodation through Last Minute with Goldfields initially. We paid in full and were contacted by the hotel that there had been a mistake and we could not book for two nights as the room was only available for three. Last minute informed us that Goldfields would have to honour it but instead they called and text us (until 10pm at night when we ask them to stop. We compiled our evidence and were on the verge of contacting the Ombudsman but decided against it as we just wanted a relaxing holiday) until we agreed to cancel the booking. They organised an alternative booking for us with Silver Birches, which, incidentally, was only available for three nights as well but they agreed to take us for two. Good service goes a long way and we appreciated it a lot.
What a great decision that was! Upon arriving it was one of the prettiest places I have seen. Admittedly I thought it was too good to be true and assumed the interior must be outdated. I am happy to report I was very wrong in my assumption. The accommodation was beautiful. It was probably the most relaxing and picturesque place I have stayed at since Bali. All the rooms are self-contained cottages with a fully equipped kitchen and really nice bathrooms. It’s so close to town. You can take a 2 minute drive or you can walk 30 minutes. The hotel has a pool and bbq area and each cottage has seating on the front and back porch which was great for early morning coffees watching the sunrise.
Right from day one the woman from reception was exceptionally sweet. She greeted us with a smile and lots of advice about Bright. Now what you need to know is that our friends are joint at our hip. When they found out where we were on the weekend three of them jumped into the car to join us. For most hotels unexpected guests would be a nuisance (understandably) and considering it was the long weekend and they were fully packed out we were worried about how the owner would react but nothing was too much trouble for them. We all fell in love with the lady at reception and I honestly can’t wait to stay there again. On payday I’ll be booking my partner and I in for our anniversary and we’re really looking forward to it

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Haiiiils

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

We have stayed in Bright many times before but this is easily the most beautiful and well maintained holiday accommodation in Bright. There are beautiful gardens and a in ground swimming pool and a large undercover area for large groups to meet and have a drink and a barbecue, it backs on to the Wangaratta to Bright rail trail and is a comfortable 8 minute walk into town.
We stayed in a recently renovated unit which was beautiful with modern furnishings and full cooking facilities, 30 foxtel channels and very attentive caretakers.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Rob B
Somerville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Stayed for one night in September 2013. We had a 2 bedroom unit with a king size bed in the master bedroom and a queen size bed in the second bedroom. The beds were very comfortable with lovely quality linen. Our unit was recently refurbished with beautiful modern decor, spacious living area and scrupulously clean. The kitchen was very well equipped with full size fridge and stove. dishwasher, microwave and a good range of cooking utensils. Separate laundry with washing machine and dryer, single carport, own picnic table and BBQ at rear of unit. Each unit was like a separate little house.
There was also a communal BBQ area and pool in the central lawn area surrounded by beautifully maintained gardens with azaleas, rhododendrums, camillias , roses and deciduous trees. We wished we could have stayed longer and will definitely return. The hosts made you feel very welcome.

Room Tip: Some units have a queen bed ad two singles. Others have two queen beds. All units would be lovely.