Arlberg Hotel Mt Buller
US$188
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
The Sebel Pinnacle Valley Resort(Merrijig)(Great Value!)
US$155
  • Pool
Alzburg Resort(Mansfield)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$91
Duck Inn Mt Buller(Mount Buller)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Pension Grimus(Mount Buller)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsalpine roombourke streetski hirein housequeen beddrying roomtwo nightslong weekendkitchenettebulletskisskiingslopesaccommodationsnowhairdryergloves
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The last time I stayed here was 20 odd years ago, although every time I visit Mt Buller it is obligatory to step in for a warm or cold beverage at some point during the day! This year I was surprised at the transformation of the public areas and impressed that the standard of accommodation has been elevated [from what I remember 20 yrs ago!]

We had a motel style room and I was impressed at how spacious the room and bathroom was. We had an outside room -so had a window and a view. Whilst far from cheap - the fact that there is a decent restaurant on site and you can ski in and out makes this an attractive option for me. Having stayed elsewhere in the village in the past, not having to lug around my skis and walk long distances in my ski boots to the bus stop was a distinct plus!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terrybelle1966
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I asked for $200 cash out at reception. The lady only gave me $100 and assured me that is all she put through. I checked my net banking and it showed that $200 had been withdrawn. She said that I would have to wait until the tills are balanced the next day to get my money back.

The tills balanced. She robbed me. Get receipts for everything at this place.

Other than this, rooms are excellent, food in the restaurant/bar is amazing and it has to be hands down the best location in Mount Buller. A bit of an up hill walk from the village but you are right on the main ski slope.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Hezlah
Ca M, General Manager at Arlberg Hotel Mt Buller, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Hezlah,
Your review is very accusing, and I am sorry but we take offense to accusing a staff member of stealing. If you remember rightly you seemed to only to discover what you thought was an error after several hours. You had been given the machine to have your pin number placed in, clearly showing the amount to be deducted from your account and you did indeed put your pin number in and then the staff member handed you the cash after putting it through the till and this point you left the desk, with no query. When you saw me later we did indeed check the docket and let you know it was put through for $200.00 and that we would now need to balance the till. The till did balance and we contacted you as promised. This is the first instance of a dispute in our hotel for many years and we do up 50 to 60 cash out transactions each day. Your were offered a receipt at time of your cash out and you refused a copy.

We do appreciate your kind words about the rest of the Hotel however are disappointed that you feel our employees are not trust worthy.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The Drying room is too small for the approximately 20 rooms which have access to it.
There are also 6 lockers but they are mesh cage lockers meaning that the locker above will drip cold water or sweat onto your items.
People also leave their equipment on top of the lockers which mean the top lockers are not safe either.
The fernery room is a bit of a joke, as the ferns cannot survive there, so you get to look at a fern stump in a pot.
The room is stuffed with a double bed and two single beds, so there is not even a chair to sit on.
You have no control of the heating in the room, so if you come in early from the cold there is no heating.
No shampoo is provided which you normally get at a hotel at this price.
The restaurant had average food with poor service.
My tip is to enjoy a short walk down the road (or catch the free bus on Thursdays and Saturday nights) to the ABOM, where I found the food to be better (at around the same price) and the service to be much more friendly.

Room Tip: Choose a room on level 2 (room number in the 200s), so you have less steps to climb with ski boots on
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Jimmymel
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Anything on the slopes is expensive so you need to adjust your mindset a bit before staying here.

Pros - location is great, right on the slopes and with the free shuttle bus just outside the front door. Free continental breakfast of cereals and toast, fruit and yoghurt is enough to start you on your day. Rental shop is awesome - very friendly, knowledgable and happy for you to swap equipment if you are not comfortable. Food in the lounge, especially drinks and chips and gravy are reasonable and served quickly. Fridge in room meant we could buy cold meats from supermarket and have sandwiches for lunch.

Cons - smoking just outside the hotel in doorways with "Do not smoke in doorway signs" (both staff and guests). Could smell it in hotel corridors.

Slow service in restaurant, which with the seasonal staff you kind of expect them to be more focussed on partying and not necessarily quick with service.

Rooms are not "serviced" daily as in normal hotels. Only towels changed and bins emptied. No vacuuming of our room was done in our 10 night stay.

Don't get me wrong, we had a great time as we were there to ski/snowboard but this was in the bottom 2 hotel rooms we have stayed in - but you need to adjust your expectations. This hotel suited our purposes and our needs but is a bit pricey.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Shanst
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Enjoyed our stay. Rooms were comfortable (Alpine room). Food was pretty good. Wait and bar staff were very friendly and accommodating. Some quick advice, make sure you bring everything to the hotel with you from the car park. (One of our daughters left a snow boot in the car and they wanted to charge us over $40 to go back and get it.) Ski hire staff didn't really have it together so would maybe recommend hiring gear somewhere else. Apart from that a good place to bring the family for a ski holiday.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family