“I can't forgive a place that is not clean”
Review of The Jetty Resort

The Jetty Resort
Perth, Australia
“I can't forgive a place that is not clean”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

After reading The Jetty Resorts' response to Kalgoorlie C's review I want to make it clear that I telephoned reception but no one answered. I worked very long hours during my stay and did not have the time, or see why I should have to, chase up someone to make them aware of the problems with the room. It is not up to customers to do this. It should not be necessary. I wanted to provide feedback when I checked out. I had advised of my checkout time but the office was closed. Over the intercom I was told to put my room key in the letter box.

There was no remote for the aircon/heater. You cannot ring reception from the room. I dialled it as if from an outside no. It was as soon as I checked in. No answer. No answering machine. Nothing. When I picked up the phone it was covered in dust. The same applied to the rest of the place. It was dirty. I removed a bunch of public hair from next to the sink, tried to wipe down the sticky dirty table, could not get the glob of butter off the kitchen bench and gave up. There is no surface cleaner so I did my best with dish washing liquid. The couch collapsed when I sat on it. If there is wifi I was not given a password. I tried to ring to get it but as I said, and another reviewer pointed out, you must need to traipse back to the office to tell them what they should already know, and I wasn't willing to do that when I checked in late in the evening. It would prob have been closed anyway. The dishes were not clean and the only blanket on the bed worn and old. The carpet was stained. The small balcony overlooking the beach was covered in bird poo which had clearly been there a long time. It was on half of the small table on the tiny balcony. No point asking someone to come and start trying to get it off. It was baked on. You can barely fit two chairs and a tiny table on the balcony and the big aircon unit is next to you. Not romantic or very nice. It is a pity to waste the location. The bed room curtain was broken so it didn't close properly. Thetrack needs replacing. i couldn't fix it. The shower was only hot enough with only the hot tap on. Not much water pressure. I had a spa but did not have time to use it, and would not. Everything is starting to rust and someone who visited me in the room pointed out the poor condition of the ceiling and wall near the entry door. I never worked out how to get the light outside my door to work. I guess I could have cont. to call the office until someone was there or trapse over to it but I was to busy, and based on the reviews here, which are very fair, the other rooms may have been worse. Basically the place is ageing and has not been maintained. It is also dirty. I can't forgive pubic hair next to the sink and a dirty worn out blanket. There is only the one old scratchy Sherpa blanket on the bed. I found a blanket in the cupboard but it didn't look any better.

The reviews here are accurate and fair. Even if a place is not maintained, it should be clean, and a cheap new doona from Target will do wonders for the rooms.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Groovingonthemove
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, 3 October 2013
Thank you for your comments. I am disappointed to hear your experience was not up to your expectation and would have loved to have caught up to speak personally. Like yourself many of our guests move outside of our office hours so we provide a maintenance request and feedback form in the rooms for all guests to complete. This way we can follow up on specific items regarding your stay. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness and expect high standards from our staff but it seems there was an oversight on this occasion for which we are sorry. You are most welcome to contact us directly to discuss the matter, and be assured this has been brought to the immediate attention of all staff concerned.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We had two nights here and enjoyed our stay in a standard unit in the red brick building which does not have a view but that was ok as we were out during the day exploring the wonderful coastline. The unit was clean, comfortable and well fitted out. We found the staff friendly and helpful and if over that way again will stay there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, 17 September 2013
Thank you for your honest comments. We are very happy to hear you liked the Resort and its location and we welcome you back anytime. The beaches are always waiting too!
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Paid $145 a night and got a room that had dirty windows and marks the over the walls and roof.
day one we opened the window to have a heap of baby spiders come in and couldn't shut it.
And don't even try and get in the shower if your over 120kgs thank god I'm just under that. And it's the worst shower I have ever had.
And anyone can walk off the street into the under ground car park.

Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Kalgoorlie C
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
It appears on this occasion that social media has replaced the art of verbal communication. Our reception and maintenance team are always on hand to remedy any such issues. We encourage all guests to contact us immediately. Just let us know next time and you will be amazed at what can be done to make your stay a most enjoyable one
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our experience staying at the jetty resort. It was very clean and tidy and the staff where very helpful telling us where the best places to eat (loose as a goose, recommend it!) and where the best things were to see! It was close to everything and had good parking.

• Stayed August 2013
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words- That is our aim ! Simply a lovely experience all round. At the Resort and in beautiful Esperance
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night in a standard room. The amenities are great (guest laundry, pool, BBQ area). The inside of our kitchen and bathroom however were in dire need of a reno considering the standard of the rest of the resort. Great service (they accommodated for our late arrival) and amazing location on the water front.

• Stayed August 2013
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
So glad you loved our waterfront location - We think it is special too ! Thank you also for your honest comments re the renovations. We are working through these now
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

We stayed for just one night in a standard family motel room. The lady in reception was very friendly and welcoming - she provided several accommodation options depending on budget/requirements. The room was very clean and warm. The kitchenette fantastic (allowed us to cook a warm and hearty meal) and the bathroom was adequate. The room set out was great - the kids beds were in the bedroom, ours was in the living area, hence the kids could go to bed and we could stay up later. Highly recommend this accommodation!!

• Stayed July 2013
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you very much for the terrific feedback- Great selling point. Kids tucked away in a separate room so the adults get some time to themselves. Hope to see you again soon for some more family fun.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Stayed for one night on our way back to Melbourne. First disappointment was not the hotel's fault. The Tanker jetty across the road (of which their is a fabulous view from the room's balcony and provide the hotel's name) is currently closed for reconstruction works. So you can't get anywhere near it right now. I did manage to sneak down to the beach nearby and grab some great shots of the Supermoon that night though.

As others below have mentioned, we also arrived about 20 minutes before official check in time to find the office closed. Had to call the intercom only to be told to come back in 15 minutes. We went for a drive around town for about half an hour and upon returning was still greeted by a closed office. I get the feeling this place operates on absolute minimum resources at this time of year.

The resort has nice facilities - swimming pool, bbq area, playground - not that we used them in the middle of winter. As mentioned we arranged an Ocean View Spa Suite with balcony. The room itself was presented well and clean, if not a little dated. Overall it was a quiet, pleasant place to stay. Given it is low season there was virtually no one around, so probably the $180 price tag is a bit over the top for what you get or what you can use.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
RodPam, Manager at The Jetty Resort, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Thank you for your review, I appreciate your feed back. The Esperance foreshore is undergoing an upgrade which includes reclaiming some land around the tanker jetty and also the construction of a rock wall along the water front. The plans look great and I am sure the finished project will benefit tourists and locals immensely. As with all projects, there is a period of disruption and we appreciate your understanding. The trucks and equipment are no longer working directly opposite The Jetty Resort, they are gradually moving along so the worst is over and the best is yet to come!