“Fantastic!”

Clearwater Motel Apartments
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My partner booked this place for me on recommendation from a friend but we both had no idea what to expect. This was especially unnerving considering I am quite fussy with places I stay. However, this place went above and beyond expectations. I was wowed by the friendly service, decor and fixtures. It has everything you need for a long or short stay. It was spotless and beautiful. I will definitely be choosing Clearwater for my next stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Clearwater Motel Apartments

Reviewed 9 October 2013

It was my first visit to Esperance, my friend reccomended it, and I looked it up and decided to stay there! I called the owners to introduce myself and to arrange payment and from there, it was the best decicion. Arrived early on the day, but they were expecting as I had sent an e-mail before I left, and they were very accomodating. The appartments were great, very clean and well suited for a short holiday. The location of the place was close enough for a walk every day to town for breakfast and for dinner in the afternnon. A very enjoyable place to stay, will go back and reccomend to others.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank mulato68
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to Esperance so I had no idea where to stay. We stayed at the Clearwater apartments and we were very impressed. The location was excellent, walking distance to all the restaurants and shops. We stayed in the executive apartment which was very spacious, well appointed and clean. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Fantastic value and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Esperance

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Stayed for two nights in one of the single storey apartments. Apartment was roomy and well furnished, clean and comfortable. Although quite close to the main street, there was no problem with noise (Esperance goes to sleep very early, at least in winter). Location was excellent, within easy walking distance of the main business area, and also a good location for walking around the waterfront. There is also a nice Chinese restaurant a very short distance away - but avoid the corner store/takeaway diagonally opposite, the staff can ignore you to further order, even when you are the only customer in the shop! McDonalds is also straight across the road.

One thing to be aware of at the apartments is that "fully self contained kitchens with cooking facilities" means, at least in the one we stayed in, a microwave and a portable two-burner hotplate which you have to wrestle out of the bottom cupboard and which is of little use anyway.

I was also surprised to read in so many reviews about the great service. Check in consisted of removing a printout from the locked reception door telling us which room we were in (there were two such notices attached to the door), and a visit from Mark on his way past as he left for home. We noticed that the same situation applied the next night when we walked past the reception building and more notices were attached to the door.

Esperance itself is in the most beautiful setting on the bay, much the nicest location along that part of the coastline (beats Albany hands down), has lots of walks and a great national park at Cape Le Grand where the little beaches of pure white sand and turquoise water are quite lovely.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2013

A fantastic location and exceptional service from Mark and his team at Clearwater Motel Apartments. A short stroll away from everything to see!
I cannot comment on the accommodation as I did not stay over night in this wonderful facility however, from outside the place looked great and Mark and his wife were very accommodating, opening and warm welcoming with their hospitality to cater for my needs.

Thanks again Mark for the drop off at West Beach this morning. One day when I return to this beautiful getaway destination or have friends coming by I would without a doubt recommend this place as a unique destination for a lovely stay in Esperance.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit to Esperance so I had no idea where to stay. We stayed at the Clearwater apartments and we were very impressed. The location was excellent, walking distance to all the restaurants and shops. The apartment was spacious, well appointed and clean. The staff were super friendly and helpful. Fantastic value and would highly recommend to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Esperance.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 13 June 2013

we have just returned from our three night stay in esperance at these apartments and they are great ......spotlessly clean and really nice inside ....seeings we were only there for three nights i didnt do any cooking so had a nice break from that ....the apartments are very well situated ...mcdonalds straight across the road and a very short walk to the dome,noodle bar ,kebab shop , the loose goose restaurant .....the foreshore is just a short walk down the road .... what a beautiful place esperance is ...cant wait to go back there again .....all in all a fantastic break .....

Room Tip: would recommend an upstairs room in the 2 story section as it is a bit noisy below if people are thu...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends