“A Charming Country Hotel for a relaxed stay to see Wave Rock”
Review of Wave Rock Motel

Wave Rock Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Hyden
Perth, Australia
“A Charming Country Hotel for a relaxed stay to see Wave Rock”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at the Wave Rock Motel with a traveling group. This was the first time I stayed there and I was very happy to experience genuine country hospitality.
Shenagh and her staff went out of their way to make our stay a pleasant experience. The rooms were clean and provided all the facilities you would expect. I even had a spa from which I could watch the television via a opened divider wall. I felt like I was in the honeymoon suite unfortunately without a honey.
The Smorgasbord Dinner was absolutely delicious. I can recommend this Motel to anyone who wants to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and relax in a typical charming country atmosphere.

Room Tip: Did not see other rooms than my own.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Hans H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

This is a really nice hotel on the edge of Hyden (ie short walk to town!). The room had an upgraded bathroom with nice plush towels, and the bedroom (not upgraded yet) was good with nice linen and comfortable bed. The hotel offers a typical country front bar, a comfortable lounge area, busy bistro or buffet restaurant. There is even a heated pool. For a relatively remote town, this place was surprisingly good.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rob W
Sydney
Reviewed 12 October 2013

After 4 hours drive then climbing wave rock, this room was a pleasant change. Great shower etc. We had single beds which were a little narrow but suitable for one night stay. We paid $162 for the night.
We ate at the bistro part of the hotel. My cook your own chicken kebabs were yummy and salads were good. My friend chose fish & chips a la carte. Her fish was raw inside the batter so she didn't eat it.
We had brekky in Hyden bakery which is walking distance to the motel. Fresh bread rolls /croissants and coffees were delicious.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Julene M
Melbourne
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Although the only accommodation in Hyden is was an excellent place to stay. We ate in the general area ( dinning room service is also available ) where you cook your own meat ( various cuts ) on a large barby, That was excellent,as general conversation to be had while cooking. A salad/hot vegie bar was available to add too your plate. breakfast was a bit poor in the dinning room. We arrived about 8.30am and found limited hot food available. Rubber bacon. Overall a top spot. The surrounds were what you would expect of grain farming country Australia.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wisky4
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Friendly welcome . A convenient clean and comfortable one night stopover to see Wave Rock. V helpful map at Reception which saved us 2 hrs journey from Hyden to Kalgoorlie in r non 4 wheel drive . We can't comment on restaurant facilities etc as didn't use them. Room had kettle , toaster , tea towell!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Jennifer E
Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2013

The rooms are pretty dated, but no more than I was expecting. Honestly, I was there to see the region, not the inside of my hotel room!

I selected an Executive Suite, as I was travelling with my dog, and these rooms include an enclosed courtyard. The staff allowed me to have my dog in the courtyard, which was much appreciated, and preferable to her sleeping in the car.

The phone in my room was not working, which meant I couldn't make or receive calls, and I had no reception on my mobile (something travellers should be aware of!). Because of this, the staff kindly offered me use of their phone so I could ring my husband and let him know we'd arrived safely.

One thing to note is that the rooms are not very sound-proof. The people in the suite next to mine ran the spa for over 45 minutes, until after 9:30pm, and I could hear it droning away. I could also hear most of their conversation, so perhaps it's not the best place for romantic times, if you get my drift!

Overall I was very happy, and would choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: It's worth paying the $30-odd extra and upgrading to an Executive Suite (the one with the spa...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Australian_Argonaut
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Our family has been lucky enough to be able to travel to Hyden and meet Sheenagh and experience the fantastic Hyden Wave Rock Motel. Travelling in the country, you expect a different experience from what the city has to offer. The Wave Rock Motel did not disappoint. From the old country charm of the executive suite to the standard motel rooms which are currently undergoing major refurbishment, our family have nothing but positive memories of our time there. Upon checking in, the staff made my children feel like friends and nothing was too hard for Sheenagh to arrange to make our trip a memorable one. My husband was able to drink a beer and cook the evening meal on the indoor BBQ exactly to our liking, whilst our children were able to play in the play area with all the other kids - and the quality of the meat was exceptional. There is so much more to do in Hyden than only see the rock, and the Wave Rock Motel is a fantastic place to base yourself to explore the area.

Room Tip: The rooms are currently being revamped to include new carpet, new kitchenette, new bathroom faciliti...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank StephanieStuart

Been to Wave Rock Motel? Share your experiences!