“On a downhill slide”

Merredin Plaza All Suites
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Merredin
Merredin Plaza All Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Merredin
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Based on our experiences compared with older reviews below it would seem that this motel is a shadow of its former self, if not already in its death throes. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon to an indifferent reception. We were not allowed to borrow a key to check out a room and the woman at reception said she was unable to leave her post, so that meant booking and paying for a room sight unseen. Then we were told that if we wanted anything we'd better think about it quickly as she was finishing at 6 pm that night and there would be nobody onsite until Monday morning - God knows how you can successfully operate a motel with a "closed sign" on the door from 6 pm Saturday evening until Monday morning. Needless to say breakfast the following morning was not an option.

The rather large motel and its surrounds looked a bit dilapidated and uncared for, but the room was reasonably comfortable and what you would expect from a motel in a small country town. It was certainly quiet as there were hardly any other guests staying there! It was also a bit away from any places to eat, so if you wanted to go anywhere and have a drink that meant a rather long walk there and back.

Room Tip: Try another motel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RonCathy2013

Reviewed 21 March 2013

I Travel all over the state for work. The boss booked us into the Plaza all suites in merredin. I have stayed at worse places and have stayed at a lot nicer places also. I would say this place is average. It is located right on the train track, which is unfortunate if you plan on having a good sleep. Trains keep waking you up all night with loud horns and shaking the motel room windows. The beds are really comfy and are king size but this doesn't help when the trains keep waking you up. I would probably stay here for one night if you are passing through town but also check out the other motels. I don't think they are any nicer but you may get a better sleep. I will list some pro's and con's of my stay at the plaza.

PROS:
Comfy New King size bed
42 inch Plasma TV
Friendly staff
Rooms are quite clean
Microwave provided
Big Bathroom.

CONS:
Trains keep you awake all night
No kitchen area (only has a microwave...have to wash dishes in bathroom sink)
Nowhere close to buy food...town is a far walk away
No Pubs close
Pool is green and filthy
Ants everywhere outside rooms.
Fittings and fixtures are quite dated.
Air cons are old and noisy

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the very back corner if you want to avoid the train noise
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Stealth-WA
Reviewed 30 January 2013

One of the first motels on the right hand side as you enter Merredin heading north, stayed here at the Oasis recently on way to Kalgoorlie with my work and found it to be clean and comfortable.
The Reception was easy to find and open at about 6.30pm when i booked in with no reservation, which is a bonus in this part of the country. The receptionist / mngr ? was friendly and accomodating.
Room has a comfy bed, big TV, cold air con, and hot shower, and you can park right at the door, which is always a bonus when lugging your gear and lap top etc.
I think it was about $130 a night which is about average for up there.
Kettle, microwave and tea coffee was provided, quiet, comfy nights sleep. The pub is just out the front if you feel like a cold beer. My work has me stay in various motels / hotels thru out the north west and this is one of the better places i have stayed. Not 5 star but then it is what it is.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: They all seem the same?
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank BigBronco351
Reviewed 19 March 2012

OK, but not our first pick. A hike back in to a place with a restaurant.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IanD64
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Dirty linen very old decor circa 1970
Postage stamp sized tv old type
Staff are by far the best asset this motel has everything else is sub standard very disappointed

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 15 January 2012

My partner works in Kalgorlie and I live in mandurah so we decided to meet halfway and stay a night in merredin, I wasn't expecting anything special from what people have said. We stayed at the plaza and it's quite a nice motel it was very clean we had a very comfy king size bed and a large flat screen tv. There was a kettle and microwave and very limited silverware etc: you can't expect too much from such a tiny town in the middle of nowhere but I would have to give this motel a 10 out of 10.

• Stayed: January 2012
4  Thank Tasha3583
Reviewed 22 October 2010

After reading the last 2 reviews I thought the motel must have undergone major improvements since my last visit. Unfortunately I was wrong. Complimentary water and chocolates - in my dreams. My room didn't even contain complimentary tea & coffee. As for a 42" plasma, I know some of the rooms do have them but I must have drawn the short straw again. Mine was around 22" and the screen was not flat. As microwaves are provided my colleague & I brought pre-cooked food with us. Unfortunately my microwave was not functioning so had to go next door & use my colleague's. He didn't have any dinner plates in his room so had to use the ones from my room, one of which was too big to fit in the microwave. Luckily I wasn't there for a holiday as the pool was a very inviting green colour. As far as motels outside the major regional areas go this one is average, nothing more, and like a lot of others, overpriced.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business

Been to Merredin Plaza All Suites? Share your experiences!