“Dont let the store front fool you!”
Review of Old Stone Winery

Old Stone Winery
Ranked #6 of 31 things to do in Salisbury
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Upon arriving, we were taken back by the "strip mall" appearance anticipating the typical long dirt road drive past rows of vines arriving eventually at a rustic barnlike structure...but after entering we're quickly received by a very nice young hostess who's hospitality and personal attention drew us in...the tasting of the "dry" list won us over immediately! Loved the white "blend" which was a first for us and the red franc was beautiful...we finished up with an informative discussion in the 2 tank rooms as well as a tour of the grounds with their expansive grape vines in the back---too bad the tastings/tour werent nestled all the way behind there!!!! Kidding of course, but our group of 4 were pleasantly pleased with the wines and the whole experience enough to take a case of wine home with us!

There are newer reviews for Old Stone Winery

Reviewed 3 August 2013

Two of my best friends took me as part of my birthday celebration.

We spent the afternoon and were treated to a Wine Tasting, which gave us a great opportunity to taste the various wines available. Our sommelier was very knowledgeable, extremely friendly, and shared a great deal of knowledge of the process. I am not a huge wine drinker, but found two that I will add to my favorites (they were very good).

After our tasting, we enjoyed the afternoon on the pavilion, which gave us a great view of the harvest on the vines. As someone indicated, it is not an upscale winery, but it is convenient (we live in the next county), intimate, and we had great, personable service.

I have already said that the next time my mom (who is a big wine fan) is in town, I will have to take her up there.

There is a great gift shop, where they will even custom paint a wine glass for you.

For those persons out of town, it is a short drive from Charlotte and Greensboro, directly on Highway 52 right off Interstate 85.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

I have toured several winery's in NC and this is one of the best. It's not as big and fancy as some but I like the cozy atmosphere. The advantage is you get more one on one time with the employees and really get to see how the wine gets from vine to glass. The "Carlos" is one of my favorites, they have a great assortment of dry and sweet wines and they sell cute little gifts as well. You can go in and browse for free, but there is a fee to take the tour. I recently saw a coupon on "Groupon."

Reviewed 8 April 2013

This winery doesn't look like much in a little storefront. But what you find inside makes up for it. Their specialty is muscadine wine. As they will tell you, "You either love it or hate it." The wine is very good, though not best I've ever had. The woman who helped us was the epitome of southern charm and hospitality. She didn't just give us the wine and walk away (like at another winery we visited). She wanted to know what we thought, gave us pairing suggestions, etc. There was one bottle I bought (blackberry wine) that I wouldn't have bought on my own. When she suggested that it when well with ice cream, it clicked (made sense and sounded great) and I bought a bottle. Also, they have a very nice mix of sweet and dry wines.

1  Thank lv2travel_12
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I went with 2 friends to this place for a day of wine tasting. The winery is located in an old shopping center which was a little weird, but they had a lot of great wine gifts inside and the tasting was great! I bought 4 bottles of wine! We had a great time and we would definitely go back!