“Family friendly” 4 of 5 bubbles

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Family friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

I'm so glad I discovered this little zoo just outside Pinjarra. It is suitable for a family day out, take a picnic lunch or cook a sausage sizzle on the free BBQ's. We really liked the hands on with the animals, including the snake which greeted us just inside the front door. My family spent a long time holding snakes or petting kangaroos. Don't rush around the zoo. Take your time to get to know the animals.

Visited March 2013

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Peel Zoo...the little David”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Coming from the zoo world, I visited Peel Zoo last time I was in Perth.....not only did I find a neat little zoo with dedicated staff, but even this little David is running a creditable conservation breeding programme just like the bigger Goliath zoos!
I was impressed with how much they had done with so little, in playing their part in Tasmanian Devil conservation. Their touch zoo ischarming (if a little muddy), and the setting in the greater park environment is soothing to the soul.
....I also had the coldest and most refreshing bottle of ginger beer on a very hot day!!

Visited October 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Nice little zoo with lots of animals to pet and feed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

We loved the large number of Australian animals and birds - perfect for showing our kids from overseas, and particularly the friendly kangaroos (with joeys in pouch) you can feed and stroke.
The koalas were asleep when we visited which was a shame so we didn't get to see them up closer - apparently it's too cold in winter to have photos with them. All in all a nice friendly place.

Visited August 2013
Perth
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“A Gem of a Zoo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We were thrilled to visit Peel Zoo. After reading up about it we arrived on a quiet Wednesday morning. We bought a bag of animal feed along with our tickets and started on our adventure. The exhibits were numbered 1 - 99 and we were given a print out of the names of each exhibit, which was very helpful. The animals and birds are well cared for and have large enclosures. Visitors are invited to enter at least 4 of the enclosures, including kangaroos, alpacas, deer, goats and large bird enclosure. The animals which can be fed by visitors are clearly sign posted and they are all keen to eat out of your hand! We loved the bird enclosure, I picked up some sliced bananas and the birds were suddenly eating right out of my hand. They were on my jacket, on my head and shoulders! We were told if we did not want them on us to jump up and down. We got some memorable photo shots which look great in the album. As we were leaving (took over 2 hours to go around all the exhibits) a snake keeper asked if we would like to hold a small snake. Why not I thought and allowed her to put it around my shoulders. I have a photo, it wasn't scary at all!

Visited June 2013
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Interactive experience like no other”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Visited Peel Zoo during a holiday down south, about a 15 minute drive down Pinjarra Road from Mandurah. Had an absolutely fantastic time, fueled by the hands on experience with all the animals.
Started off with some photos with a black headed python, followed by the girlfriend getting some pics with the koala as she never really fancied the snakes.
The first 'hands on' experience was entering the bird cage with apples in each hand, within 10 seconds we had beautiful parrots and the like all over us. Beside a few bites on the fingers it was fantastic getting photos with them. Some stunning looking birds in there as well, some of which looked like they were from another planet
The first of the larger animal enclosures was the chilled kangaroos. They were just lying there living the life but eventually came over after temping them with feed. The only other animals in there were a couple of turkeys and some big geese, but they were a little more timid.
The best of the lot was the Farm animal enclosure filled with alpacas, deers, sheep and emus. it was an unbelievable experience interacting and feeding/patting all the animals- some of which you would never otherwise be able to interact with. Was also great watching the girlfriend getting mobbed by the massive black alpaca which decided her shirt was as tasty as any of the food.

Overall a fantastic time had by both of us and one I would recommend to all. Perhaps too many birds and the addition of a few other animals would be really cool - but their main focus is on being able to see and touch the animals rather than look at them through glass.

Visited May 2013