“Peaceful and relaxing” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of William and Garland Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salter Path
William and Garland Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Salter Path
Graham, North Carolina
“Peaceful and relaxing”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2010

We love it! So quiet, at ease with our babies (our pets) with us, and knowing that the people who were there cared enough about their babies to bring with them also.

Thanks for having such a wonderful place.

Adrienne & Trey Rice
Massiy (cat) & Weezer Bunny (dog)

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
McLean, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2010

MOLDY rooms, it was disgusting, especially room 5!! AVOID! Very old fashioned, tiny tv, tiny shower, no locks on bathroom door, but most importantly, the owners are extremely rude if you have any complaints. They will attempt to kick you out and say "we didn't want you here anyway". My mother and I are respectful, quiet people but we had to say something after waking up not able to breathe (because of mold). Only plus is location-nice private beach. Keep in mind, the owners won't clean your room unless you ask.

• Stayed May 2010
4 Thank JENNN2004
Falls Church, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2010

My parents, grandmother, husband, and I stayed at this motel for a vacation trip.The reason we stayed at this motel was because we could bring our two dogs. Once we entered the rooms we immediately smelled mold. After one night of stay we had side effects from the mold: sore, closed up throat, coughing, etc. I decided to sleep in the car it was so bad. When we confronted the owner about the problem she stated that there was no mold and she refused to inspect the rooms. After taking a shower, we also found that there was a huge puddle of water near the bed. We confronted the owner about the leaking pipes and she stated "someone wet the bed". We are all grown adults (over 21) and clearly we don't wet the bed anymore! The owner was very derogatory and disrespectful in dealing with the situation. We immediately wanted to leave a day earlier than planned (which she said that we HAD to leave or she would call the police (for telling her that we smelled mold and we were not satisfied with the rooms! ). My husband also killed roaches crawling up the side of his bed. If you are used to roaches, mold growing behind walls, and inhospitable owners (who are clearly in denial about their problem) then I would say this motel would be great for you! The health department needs to be contacted with this building because it is a health risk for those who enter it. The owner stated that the health department inspects the rooms and gives them a high rating monthly but she was not able to furnish any supporting documentation. I truly feel sorry for anyone who goes this place. As a registered nurse, I was completely disgusted and concerned for my family's well being.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Traveler144467
posmith, Owner at William and Garland Motel, responded to this review, 1 June 2010
Our motel is a small family motel. We do not have a swimming pool or phones in the rooms, but we do have air conditioning, color tv with cable, full efficiencies and all linens for the room, free wifi and each room is provided with clean towels and wash cloths every day. If our guests need more, then they are welcome to ask for whatever they need. If we have it, we will provide it. We do go in the rooms and change towels and wash cloths every day that the guest is here and we also take out the trash and replace trash bags. We have Orkin come and spray our rooms every month. We have not received any complaints about roaches and we have not received any complaints about mold and mildew. In fact, we are told that our rooms are fresh and very clean and we do receive a 100% grade from our health department inspections. There are very few motels that have a grade that high. We do all our own work and if we received complaints about anything that is relevant and true, then we handle them in a quick manner. Not all guests are happy and if that happens then we return their money and they leave. There is not any reason at any time for them to make a scene or get ugly. We usually have great folks who come and stay with us, but there is always someone who is not happy and feel as though they have to 'get back at us' for whatever imagined reason.
West Jefferson, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2009

My husband and I have stayed here many times. WE love the selucsion, and the hospitality you receive when going. The owners are very nice, and dogs and cats are welcome. WE don't have any but our daughter has a small dog which is great since her family goes with us some times. I would highly recommend this hotel to friends. It's not a luxury hotel but it's affordable, clean, convenient, and quite all of which we want. Thanks

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2009

I stay in one of the trailers they rent very nice, kinda to yourself and peaceful, what I want to know now is DOES ANY ONE HAVE THE NUMBER THERE?? I CAN'T FIND IT AND IT IS NOT ON THE INTERNET...

• Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2009

If you like quiet places, where you can lay your head down and take a shower after a day at the beach, this is the place for you. Access to the beach was private, and that's really nice. The beach area isn't as busy as most along the coast of NC. That was nice as well. We never had to drive anywhere, because we were able to walk anywhere we needed to go. This was a place I will return to again, and again. There is an area with tables that you can cookout, that is private. The owners are down to earth, great folks. I truly enjoyed my stay. I would recommend to anyone that wasn't happy their 1st visit, to upgrade their accommodations. You will not be disappointed.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank innestucker
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2009

My husband and I stayed at this motel for 2 nights. The room had a double bed, a small refrigerator, a microwave, and a small television. It was nothing fancy but a short walk down to the beach so no parking worries. The bed was ok, we brought our own pillows. I would recommend doing that, the pillows provided by the motel were thick and too hard for us. I think for a longer stay we might have wanted a bit more space, but for 2 nights, with a room rate of $55 a night, it was just perfect. Also, the Big Oak drivein next door was good.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LMSundaze
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salter Path
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Atlantic Beach Oceanfront
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
Island Inn of Atlantic Beach
#3 of 9 in Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Beach
Hampton Inn & Suites Atlantic Be...
#2 of 6 in Pine Knoll Shores
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
Bask @ Big Rock Landing
#2 of 5 in Morehead City
BEST WESTERN Plus Silver Creek Inn
Islander Inn & Suites
Islander Inn & Suites
#1 of 3 in Emerald Isle

Been to William and Garland Motel? Share your experiences!