“Holiday in Western Australia”

The Grandhouse York B&B
Ranked #1 of 16 York B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I just returned from a holiday in Western Australia. We arrived in York without a reservation so we headed for the always helpful Information Centre. Following the staff member’s suggestion, we went to the Grandhouse B&B to see if they had a room available for the night.
We weren’t sure what to expect but we were more than pleasantly surprised after the welcome reception that we received by their owners, Leanne and Ron.
Leanne shows us two of the rooms for us to choose the one we preferred. We explained to Leanne that my husband needs gluten free food, not a problem she said, I have a niece that is also a coeliac so we can cater for him.
Afternoon tea was prepared while we unpacked and a delicious breakfast served in the morning.
The Grandhouse is walking distance to the town of York where a few restaurants and 2 pubs are open for dinner. I will advise you to check with the information centre as the restaurants don’t open every night.
I will recommend the Grandhouse to anyone travelling to York.
Thank you, Leanne, Ron and Bronwyn for your hospitality.
Grace

Room Tip: Our room was to the front of the house but we didn't experience any traffic noise.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grace295

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Loved staying at the Grandhouse b&b. It had a lovely feel about the cottage and was very nice and comfortable inside. I would highly recommend it to anyone as it was very clean and plesent. We also have a welcome afternoon tea and a yummy cooked breakfast the next day. It was well worth the money and Bronwyn was a lovely host.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Each and every time we go to the Grandhouse we feel very welcomed which is part of the reason we will continue to return. The hospitality is out-standing, the Spa room is perfect for us, Lee-Anne is so full of knowledge of York and the surrounding areas, therefore she recommends places that may be interesting to you, both Lee-Anne and her hubby are engaging if you want that but they also give you the privacey should you want.
You must go to the Italian resturant in town while you're there, it's very
cheap, the food is home made by the owner and is absolutely wonderful, sitting alfresco watching the world go buy while sipping on your BYO wine, was just the way to spend an evening, again recommended by Lee-Anne. ENJOY !!!

again recommended by Lee-Anne

Room Tip: The spa room is ideal as it is away from the other guests and of course it has the spa complete with...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2014

This beautiful home away from home is set amongst landscaped gardens in a very quiet position.
The Grand House is spacious and tastefully decorated. Air conditioning was very acceptable, especially as the weather was very hot when we were there.
Personalised and friendly service remained throughout our stay of four days. The homely atmosphere could not have been better.
The breakfast choices were plentiful and very enjoyable. We say Thank You to Ron & Leanne for our wonderful experience; we have no hesitation in recommending The Grand House, York to any travellers. Wayne and Jan M

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan M
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Wasn't sure what to expect but was more than pleasantly surprised, the cottage was wonderfully rustic with hints of modern thrown into the mix. Our hostess, Bronwyn was fantastic and helped us beyond our expectations. It really is a hidden Gem in York and we would recommend anyone looking to get away from it all and spend some quiet time to stay here. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Working in Northam for a few days, I chose to stay at the Grandhouse, an easy 20 minute drive away in York. So comfortable! And what lovely, lovely people! This was my first experience with B&Bs (I do like my privacy ...) but genuinely felt like I had the best of both worlds - the feel of coming "home" at the end of the day, but with my own room, my own ensuite - and a gorgeous little dog to chat with.

I didn't have breakfast but Leanne kindly made me a coffee in a takeaway container - one of those much-appreciated gestures.

Back in Northam again this week - and back to the Grandhouse. See you this evening Leanne!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My wife & I stayed at The Grand Cottage in York. The hostess Ms Bronwyn was so sweet & thoughtful. She made our stay were comfortable and enjoyable. The breakfast was delicious too. We stayed for 2 nights and will look forward to making another trip sometime in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple