York Motel(York)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$93
Priceline
Faversham House York(York)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$62
  • Free Internet
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewsterrace roomheritage roomwine listmain buildinglamb shankthe sticky date puddingnewer roomsbrownielord forrestawesome servicegood sizean overnight staygreat mealsitting areathe ownerbig bathroomstayed nights
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Had the amazeballs meal and bangers & mash and it was very tasty, would recommend - good comfort food, Portion size was very reasonable and pricing good value. Lovely charismatic host Bernadette was very welcoming and hospitable.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We'd been to York with friends from the UK just a few weeks before our "Christmas in July" stay. It was a special occasion for us so I phoned the week before to ask if they'd make mulled wine for us as a pre-dinner drink.
Nola was more than happy to oblige so we kicked off the evening with a warm spicy red.
There is no doubt in my mind that this is the best restaurant in York and booking is a must if you don't want to be disappointed.
The hotel itself is beautiful old world charm with 5 suites to chose from in the main building, but also provides accommodation in a row of delightful chalets behind the main building.
Parking is free and easy (right outside the chalets) or in the hotel car park.
We had booked the Lord Forest Room which was huge, and our ensuite with spa bath was big enough to hold a party in.
Richard and Nola are the perfect hosts, joining us for a drink after our meal.
I would recommend staying the night if you're coming up from Perth A great place to have a romantic dinner knowing you won't have to drink and drive.
ps - there is always the chance that you'll hit a kangaroo if you're driving at night, on the road from York to the main highway which is roughly 50km.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We stayed in a Heritage Room in the main building our room was fabulous.A wonderful sitting area and a very large comfortable bed. The whole place was very clean and the bathroom was a good size and had everything we needed.we have stayed here in the cooler and warmer times of the year heating and cooling work very well .

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2017

I ate dinner here last night with three companions, so this is a restaurant and not a hotel review. An impromptu visit for dinner, and whilst the venue looked busy we were able to get a table by the front windows.

I ordered the Steak Fillet, knowing that I would make some room for the desserts list. My companion ordered the same dish as I did, but whilst I ordered rare, she ordered it medium. Just over 30 mins later the food arrived and I think the waitress was a little confused because I ended up with the medium rare steak whilst my companion received the rare one, and although it wasn't my preferred choice, the steak was good, as were the potatoes and the salad. In fact, I can't stand side salad as I usually see it as plate filler or decoration, but I did enjoy this one.

It took some time for plates to be cleared, but after I ordered the brownie. It arrived just luke warm and a little too spongy for my liking.

Again at the end it took some time for plates to be cleared. We then split the bills between us. Be warned, split bills have to be pre-arranged and anything over a three way split, there is a 10% surcharge. This is advertised on the menus. We worked out the split ourselves and they were happy to arrange individual payments.

The venue itself is pleasant, but there was quite a severe draft under the bottom of the patio doors facing the road, which was pretty cold. I think the prices are a little steep, but the place has potential. The website could do with a little updating

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2017

We stayed in a Heritage Room in the main building. The room was very nice, had everything we needed and was roomy. It was very pleasant watching the world go by from the spacious verandah outside our door. Our hosts Nola and Richard are very nice and friendly. We had a much-needed break in a lovely spot and seriously enjoyed the history York has to offer. The restaurant meal was really good!!

Room Tip: We chose a Heritage room in the main building, but the Terrace rooms looked excellent also.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
york8491, Owner at The York Palace Hotel and Terraces, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2017

Thank you for your charming review. It was a pleasure to look after you both.