Cabin Fever
US$122
Quality Inn & Suites(Flat Rock)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$117
QualityInn
Mountain Lodge(Flat Rock)(Great Value!)
US$144
Mountain Inn & Suites(Flat Rock)(Great Value!)
US$133
Red Roof
US$138
US$119
Agoda.com
All reviewszip lineshort hikewood stoveroasting marshmallowswater wheelget awayflat rocksalidawoodspearsonroostcomfortwaterfall
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My 19 year old daughter and I spent a few days here for a mother-daughter vacation to the mountains and Asheville. The managers were extremely friendly and welcoming, and the cabin that we stayed in (High Top) was BEAUTIFUL! Apparently the cabins are built from local wood (locust trees) by hand. They were gorgeously rustic and made the experience very enjoyable. There was a ladder that went up into a loft area (where there were 2 beds) that seemed like it would be a fun place for kids to sleep. There was also a kitchen, well-stocked with tools, a fireplace, and a cute guest book where past guests had written about their stays. Overall the experience was a joy and my daughter and I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Terrie207
Reviewed 31 July 2013

I know this is supposed to be a camping experience BUT.....I didn't expect that the cabin would have one air-conditioner that didn't put out enough air to keep our little girls cool. The loft was as hot as all get out and so was the living room (LOL). We chose to sleep in a tent with our bedrolls and mattresses and luckily we had a lantern and a portable battery operated fan. Of course it rained all night and we had to keep our tent rain protector up, which made it very hot. The one air-conditioner ran all night long because the unit wasn't big enough to reach the desired temperature so of course the noise kept us up all night.

My grand daughter was tired and scared and so she wante to leave after the first night. There were cochroaches in the bathroom and spiders too.

The next morning at 6 am I started setting up breakfast for the rest of the girls and coffee and tea for the grownups. Our team leader came in and said YaYa there is a mouse in the breakfast food box. I thought she was kidding so I laughed. She then repeated that there was a mouse in the box. I then told her to get a plastic bag and put it over the box and carry it outside. She said "I'm not getting any where near that mouse. I the proceeded to get a plastic bag and cover the box. I was careful to cover the box in it's entirety lest the mouse jump into my arms. I carefully took Earl (thats what I named the mouse) outside. I tilted the box but Earl wouldn't budge. I tilted the box some more and still Earl did not come out. Finally I tilted the box upside down and out came Earl. He sat on the ground and looked at me. I half expected him to say "What about MY breakfast". I shooed him in to the woods and went inside.

The girls realizing that I had taken a box outside asked what was in the box. Of course they all screamed in horror. They then realized that they had missed an opportunity. One of the little girls said, YaYa you should have taken Earl next door to the BOY's cabin and released him in there. I said "Now Girls that wouldn't have been very nice".

With that my grand daughter and I packed up our tent and all our belongings and put them in our car.

I am told Earl returned that day through a hole he had made. Luckily I had placed all the food items in the refrigerator so there was again nothing for Earl to eat.

The girls came back from there rafting trip to find Earl and they went to get the MEN to remove Earl but to no avail. Earl pattered around in the cabin all night keeping them awake. Alas my grand daughter and I were safely home in our own REAL beds.

Our idea of camping now is the Ritz Carlton without room service.!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank bccorbett
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights at Birds Nest located in Cabin Fever. the room was very clean and very comfortable. during the day, we visited Asheville and also Pearson Falls. We did encounter a fair amount of rain and it was very relaxing to sit in screened porch and sip wine! Very peaceful and nice location. We would recommend Cabin Fever!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank irish1023
Reviewed 9 June 2013

We had the best time in Buzzard's Roost! We are a family who own a cafe' in Florida. I came with my mom, sister and nephew. We always take a long weekend break in June, and we are so happy we found Cabin Fever! Christy and Scott are so sweet and made us feel like family. The grounds are so beautiful, and were torn to decide which cabin we liked best! I know we will be looking forward to many more trips back. Plus it's located to many more great places close by to enjoy the outdoors, even though we had a great hike on the trails just behind our cabin! (and the zip-line in the playground rocks!) -Many thanks!!

Room Tip: All of the cabins are cozy and authentic country. They are equipped with everything you need and have great character. The kind of place you enjoy staying inside even if the weather turns. The rocking chairs in the large porches are relaxing, and the view of the forest grounds is breathtaking. So picking a cabin really depends on the size of your group whatever the size, you can't loose!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Just returned from our first visit to Good Times cabin @ Cabin Fever. Had a great time relaxing and rest. The cabin was all the website said it would be. No it not 5 star but if that what you want you would not be in to Cabin Fever. Cabin was clean as well as bedding and dishes and cooking supplies. This cabin you can bring your dog.And Grunt had the time of his life running the trails and playing in water. Scott and Christy are truly great host.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple