“Wonderful experience!”

Green River Cove Tubing
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I tube the Green River via GR Cove at least 4 times every summer. The staff are friendly and informative. Just a reminder, if you're looking for safety, try visiting your local public pool. The company rents their tubes, offers life vests, and even gives you a lift to and from. It is NOT their responsibility to hold your hand or play babysitter. This is nature people... Not Disney (thank god). If you are incapable of following simple instructions as to when you should exit the water, maybe you should stay home. I'm seeing many ignorant people whining about how dangerous it is lol what do you expect? It is a river flowing downhill in the mountains. Rocks? Yes.. Fallen limbs? Yep.. Fast flowing water? Indeed.. Pay attention and use some damn common sense. GR Cove rocks. 'Nuff said

15  Thank DDarko828

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We just went with a group of adults and kids from 10 to 45 and everyone had a blast and want to go back ASAP. Keep in mind that this is a river, not a man made ride and coming in contact with tree branches or rocks in the shallow parts is entirely possible. We had about half of our group flip over at least once. It was great fun for the money and we will go back. My only gripe is lack of restrooms.

3  Thank Greg S
Reviewed 30 July 2013

For our group it was an overall fun experience. Staff is very helpful and friendly. We called ahead and they informed us the river was quite rough, so we knew already it would be a bumpy ride. They told us they are at the mercy of the dam, so it's a good idea to call the night before and see how the river is. There are different courses and levels to choose from, so if you have small kids I would say you DEFINITELY need to check river levels. I bumped my leg against a rock and the staff was eager to offer assistance. They even offered a second go for $2 more. Pretty cheap!

1  Thank Sean C
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Wanted to take my six year old for a safe tubing experience. Called ahead and lady said this was perfect for a young child. She recommended the course that would be mild and had several areas for swimming. Swimming for your life, maybe!! We asked for life jackets and she said we could use one of theirs but didn't have to. Thankfully we did! We were not on the water long before I was flipped out of my tube and struggled to hold on to my daughter's tube while I attempted to get out of the chest-high water back into my tube. We were pushed into lots of trees where I had to force my daughter's head into her chest so she wouldn't get branches in her eyes. About halfway through the course, we made our way to a clearing and walked up to the road where a passerby called the bus to come get us. While on the bus, asked the driver if we were the only people he had ever had to pick up. He laughed and so "no, there have been lots". I wish they had been honest about the safety for young children. Was the $18 they made from us worth risking my child's life?

7  Thank Mwg2013
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This place was recommended to us by another tubing company that was unable to accommodate us due to a tree that had fallen across the Broad River. There were 3 adults and two 6 yr old girls. When we arrived at the office we were told there was an upper or lower we could tube down. We told them we wanted the calmest route as we had two little girls. The lady in the office told us the upper would be great for the girls because it was so much calmer. Then we asked if we could use a life jacket for the girls and the lady said sure. Thank goodness we did. Lazy river it was not!!!! My sister flipped out of her tube, all the while holding on to her 6 year old & her tube. My husband & my 6 year old old flipped out after hitting an embankment from the strong white water current. We were constantly telling our girls to duck so they would not hit a tree branch. After too many close calls, we made it to a little sandy side area, climbed up & walked back to the road. A nice man saw us walking & told us he would send someone to come pick us up from GR Cove Tubing. We asked the man driving the bus was the current normally this rough and he replied, "oh yes, this is normal". When asked were we the first to climb back to the road his response was, "No, you're not the first". I just can't wrap my head around why they would allow anyone, much less 6 year olds to enter that water. All they cared about was making a dollar & after that.....you were on your own. It was a terrible experience and all we did was pray while tubing.

6  Thank Kim W