“A wonderful, surprising experience!!”

Saluda Mountain Lodge
Ranked #2 of 7 Saluda B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I stopped at the Saluda Mountain Lodge, or, THE Lodge as the locals call it, because I was driving for an extended period and just couldn't make it home that night I was so tired. The owners were gracious and offered me their Deluxe King room at a discount (I didn't even ask for one.) I was in for a delightful surprise! The Deluxe room was not what I expected: beautiful flowers, Dove chocolates, tastefully elegant decor, posh bedding and perfectly tidy. What was once probably a run-of-the-mill Interstate motel has been transformed into a warm, cozy, exceptionally clean Lodge, right on top of a mountain overlooking a beautiful mini-canyon. When I awoke (after the best night's sleep in a long time), I was treated to the most amazing view! Soft music played while I took in the awesome sights over a cup of joe, and I nearly forgot that I was running late for an appointment back home. The owners were so nice and hospitable. I'll be back this spring for a longer stay. Best surprise in years! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Spend the $ 10.00 extra for the deluxe room. They have a backdoor directly to the mountain view cou...