“Clean & Affordable”

Saluda Mountain Lodge
Ranked #2 of 7 Saluda B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We were looking for a clean and affordable place to stay for a last minute trip out of town. Saluda Mountain Lodge fit the bill! The room was very clean. The owners were very accommodating and truly want to make you feel at home. We were glad to support them and if we are ever in the area again, we would definitely stay here again. The view is beautiful also!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carolinagirl1745

Reviewed 6 April 2014

The family owned staff made sure that me and my family were taken care of and went above and beyond in making our stay as comfortable as possible. We were having car trouble and they took me to get groceries and food free of charge and out of the kindness of their hearts. I will always hold a special place in my heart for this lodge. Oh, and the view rocks!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tom S
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My husband and I came up for a show at the Purple Onion and stayed overnight at Saluda Mountain Lodge. We had the same room as last year. My husband reported a problem with the toilet and shower, which was checked out. My husband's suggestion was to re-check the shower, as he had some problems with it this morning, which he relayed to Wendy. But he is talking about us coming back sometime in the future. While he napped during the afternoon, I went for lunch and when I returned I went to the room located near the fire pit where I enjoyed a nice chat with Wendy and then enjoyed a peaceful afternoon of reading, with some relaxing soothing music playing next door. After the show, when we returned, Wayne built a fire in the pit and we had hot chocolate and s'mores. The full moon, stars and the snow made for lovely end to our evening. Wayne even granted us permission to leave later than the 11:00am check-out time. We weren't too late leaving this morning, but it was great having that extra time. My only regret is that we stayed only one night. May God continue to bless Wayne and Wendy with this relaxing, peaceful lodge. Thanks to you both. : )

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnaJason
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel is an absolute gem. We stumbled upon it quite by accident and it was AWESOME. Beautiful rooms. Tastefully decorated. Sure it IS an older hotel, but look at the craftsmanship done to it. Real wood decor, everything is clean and nice. Would recommend to anyone. Great family business and great family. They truly care about each and every guest.

Room Tip: I liked the "Bear" room!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 January 2014

My wife and I renewed our vows after 10 years of marriage at the Saluda Mnt L. Wonderful, friendly staff spared no attention to our satisfaction, from the incredible mountain view in their courtyard to the extra special honeymoon room we enjoyed. This is nestled in The mountains of Saluda Nc as the title may indicate. In the age of corporate cookie cutter jones' chasing, this spot is a nice departure from the rat race to a quaint, clean, beautiful family run business. We really felt like royalty while we were there. We had a ceremony and reception following. Children had plenty of room to play and run around while adults enjoyed food and one another's company. Cannot recommend this enough for your family vacation or your romantic getaway. The rooms are extremely reasonably priced, and just minute away from local attractions. This is one of WNC's best kept secrets for sure. Why are you still reading this? Call them TODAY and find out for yourself.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, but they have specialty rooms available.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Not only was this cozy hilltop perch a great location, it was quiet, peaceful and decorated to the nines! The pics on their website do not lie. The owners are delightful, helpful and above all friendly. A lovely young couple, Wendy and Wayne are doing their best to please leaf peepers and people like me who'd rather travel than deal with holiday shopping at home, LOL. For the space and luxury, the price is REALLY good. It's only a minute from 176 where the quaint shopping lives with Tryon only a stone's throw. Great food in little nooks and a thrift shop where I got my favorite leather backpack for a song:-) Apple orchards in the area have stands practically next door to the Lodge. Maggie's will fix you a great light meal from scratch. I can't say enough about the Lodge. The views from front or back are breathtaking. Don't miss this one! If I had not had an agenda for seeing my kids, I'd have hung out here for the week. I'll be back!

Room Tip: We were right next to the office which was convenient but frankly it wouldn't matter. It's s...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janet S
Reviewed 21 December 2013

My wife and I decided to spend one last night in the Saluda area as a last minute decision. We did not expect to find such a charming and welcoming sight as the Saluda Mountain Lodge perched high atop a hill just as we rounded a bend. As it was mid-December the Lodge was wonderfully decorated for Christmas and was a cheerful beacon. We had no idea that the Lodge was to be so charmingly decorated with each room having its own distinctive decor Wendy and Wayne Auman (the lodge owners) were very friendly and assured us that we would have a wonderful and restful night. We did! Definitely planning to return.

Willard and Susan

Room Tip: Choose the room that suits your mood.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JohnWillard
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saluda
Highland Lake Inn & Resort Hendersonville
6 mi away
1906 Pine Crest Inn
1906 Pine Crest Inn
#1 of 2 in Tryon

Been to Saluda Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!