“Beyond My Expectations!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Beyond My Expectations!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

This waterfall rappel was an adrenaline rush like no other!....Keeping your technique while trying to scale a mossy rock face with water overhead was both exhilarating and challenging!....The guides, Dave and Meg were both entertaining and professional with a great sense of humor....The terrain was beautiful and landing at the base of this waterfall surrounded by jagged rock face was incredible!....Add the canyon trek afterwards for more incredible views and an experience unmatched by any other outfitter. These guys do it right!...We'll be back soon to do the upper green whitewater!

Birmingham, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Trip Number 4 and still counting...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

My 4th trip on the Green with GRA, and it still excites me! Wonderful family adventure. Couple this with The Gorge canopy tour and you're in for a fabulous vacation!

North Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

We (2 Adults, 2 Kids - Ages 13 and 8) were scheduled to go for Lower green trip on Sat afternoon (08/10) but because of excessive rains in the morning, our tour guides - Patrick and Sophia suggested it was not a good idea to do it, so we returned disappointed but happy we didn't go as GRA was truly concerned for our safety and they knew what they were saying. I told them that if its ok, I would like to go the next day morning (08/11). Sure enough,Sophia called in the morning after a taking a trip down to the river saying it was still not safe for a kayak but great for a raft. They were not scheduled to do this yesterday but did this specially on our request. I jumped on this opportunity and took this trip with my family. Patrick and Dave were our guides. They were just awesome. They knew all about kayaking inside out and are experienced tour guides.

It was truly awesome and they made it very special and I have decided to come next year for the upper river adventure. These guys are great, friendly. Their customer service is exemplary. This is THE PLACE to go !! Don't miss this if you are in the area.

2 Thank VenkatSreenivasan
Nashville, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“fun time had by all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

3 went on 7/1. We did the upper Green River kayak trip and had a great time. The river is gorgeous and the rapids are challenging yet doable. The staff and guide were good and the operation is relatively new so the equipment is in good shape. They let you know in advance about the hike out of the river gorge after the trip is complete; it’s doable but not for the smaller set.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank wilson6641
Johns Creek, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Highlight of our trip to North Carolina!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

I can't say enough good things about GRA and our trip down the river. The staff is friendly and helpful. Our guide Jim made our trip so much fun. He gave us thorough instructions before and during our adventure. I always felt safe. Jim is very knowledgable about the river. We all learned a lot.

Our family ( two adults and two boys ages 12 and 16) went on the Lower Green. It was the perfect choice for a group of beginners. Enough excitement and challenge, but nothing too overwhelming. Just a fantastic adventure!! You've got to give this a try!!

Visited June 2013