“Nice Place with Gluten Free Options”
Review of Saluda Grade Cafe

Saluda Grade Cafe
Ranked #6 of 12 Restaurants in Saluda
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The staff was extremely friendly and attentive, but our one complaint was the length of time it took for our food to arrive and that several menu items were not available. It was not crowded so it was surprising that the kitchen was so slow.

The warm homemade bread with oil and herbs for dipping was amazing! We tried the warm pimento cheese with pickled okra and really enjoyed it. It sounds odd, but the okra is actually puréed so the hint of "pickle" is a different twist. My husband had the teriyaki pork loin with a delightful pineapple relish. I had the shrimp and grits. It was ok, and the grits were lumpy. The menu indicated that gluten free options were available for everything except the pasta dishes.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I love the food at the Saluda Grade Café and the waiters and waitresses are just down home friendly. Kay does an outstanding job with the variety in her menu and not once have I ever been disappointed in the food or the service.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I'm a Saluda local, and enjoy eating at our local restaurants when I can. We have wonderful food options in this town! Last night, a friend and I enjoyed a delicious meal at the Saluda Grade Cafe. My companion enjoyed a Crazy Squirrel salad with glorious color and textures, with a piece of Kaye's famous peanut butter pie for dessert. Me, I went for the classic Saluda Grade burger: with ALL the fixings! The Naboth burger, with an egg is a newer offering; and I can attest it's for the very hungry person. Dessert was homemade pound cake with fresh ripe stawberries: a visual feast of color and taste. Fresh flowers and local art added to the ambiance. We were made to feel welcome, and Chef Kevin came out to see if we were happy with our meal. Of course!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This is my second favorite place in Saluda. They always have some fresh specials not just hamburgers. I had the quiche and salad- yum! Once before I had BALT (bacon, avocado, lettuce and tomato) with some kind of homemade spread on some yummy fresh bread. I was hoping they would have that again but they did not. I would still recommend stopping.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent experience! Celebrated my wife's birthday here on Sunday evening. Had the ribeye which was the special, and it was perfect! The mashed potatoes were better than mom's (don't tell her) and I even ate my veggies. Birthday girl had the special salmon. This place needs to have another word for "specials" as they were extraordinary. The selection of homemade desserts made it difficult to choose just one, so we had 2! The Carolina pie and Italian cream cake won out, but if I had room I would have had the death by chocolate cake (triple something) as well.
The service was great, Nick looked after every detail. Kevin in the kitchen did a superb job, and Kaye the owner came out and helped sing, she has the greatest heartfelt laugh.
This is where awesome memories are made!
We will be back :)