“Amazing B & B”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salvo
Sea La Vie Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Salvo B&B and Inns
Plano, Texas
“Amazing B & B”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I just stayed at this beautiful, amazing bed & breakfast. Multiple decks with hammocks for relaxing, view of the water, very comfortable accommodations, pool, jacuzzi, beautiful sunsets on the dock, short walk to the beach, close enough to go on lighthouse excursions, charming little town for shopping & good food....couldn't get any better than that! The owner (Ann) knows everything you need to know--- where to go, where to eat, and what to do to create a very fun and relaxing vacation. I wish we could have stayed longer. Definitely going to make Sea La Vie our place to stay when we go back next year. :)

Room Tip: Bring lots of sunscreen and bug spray for the beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vict0ria_har

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I just stayed at Sea La Vie with my husband and baby. Such a beautiful place, rooms that open up to huge deck, pool, Jacuzzi and on top of everything great hosts. Ann and her son Gabe helped us to choose restaurants also places to check out. Every afternoon, they invite to join them for a glass of wine while watching the sunset. I just can not wait to go back and stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Foodieintown85
Bristow, Virginia
Reviewed 29 August 2012

My wife and along with 2 other couples rented the entire middle floor from MON-FRI. We had a great time. The house is clean, comfortable, and full of things to do, it is also very close to the beach, a short walk away if you are brave enough to storm through the mosquitoes on the way there. We took short drives to other beaches nearby as well which was quite enjoyable. The deck is a great place to hang out each evening and watch the sunset. Anne is very helpful with local places to eat and shop. There is a grill to use but it is charcoal and again...the mosquitoes are a pain to deal with. The pool and hot tub are nice. A small breakfast was available every morning, mostly just cereal and fruit, which was definitely enough for us. There are a ton of things to bring to beach like surf boards, boogie boards, chairs, umbrellas, etc.

We had a fantastic time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed at Sea La Vie with a few of my college friends for 4 nights. Such a nice home for the price. Many places on OBX for a smaller group don't have the accomodations (hot tub, swimming pool, bikes, kayak, basketball goal, etc) that Sea La Vie does, so renting a couple rooms/floor is a great way to get the nicer accommodations without paying for a whole house. Ann and her son Gabe were so friendly- they invited us up for wine on the top deck at sunset and Gabe offered to take us sailing and both are a wealth of information about where to eat, what to do on the island, or even tips about surfing and sailing. Sea La Vie is in a great neighborhood (because it's small... just a few blocks) with a pier and just a couple blocks from the ocean. Down the road are plenty of great restaurants (seriously Ann knows them all!!) and our favorite was getting the cali burrito at Waves Market. Anyways, the house is nice, clean, and just a perfect relaxing get away. Ann and her son go out of their way with spontatneous extra things- one morning her summer intern even made our group pancakes for breakfast. Oh, one more thing.. several people have mentioned it in reviews but at least one afternoon on the second floor hammocks reading is a MUST! So pleasant and relaxing. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Bottom floor if you have kids, it's closer to the kitchenette/tv, second floor otherwise- the ha...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed 22 August 2012

Our family of 16 stayed at Sea la Vie the first week in August 2012. The house is very roomy, which was great because we spent a lot of time in it due to rainy conditions. It has great views of the sound and limited view of the ocean. Close walk to both. Listed as 6 bedrooms but extra beds in other rooms gave us plenty of choices. Extra amenities included use of kayak and small sailboat, surf boards, beach chairs, bikes and beach cart. Overall a great house for large families.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sam D
Lurgan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We stayed at Sea La Vie B&B for 8 days from late June into early July and had one of the best vacations we've ever enjoyed. I found this house a little by chance as I'm a kiteboarder and was looking for somewhere close to Real water Sports and Kitty Hawk Kites (both only a mile or so apart) and I saw a helpful link on the Real website. Ann, the owner, apart from being sweet, gracious and always helpful host, provides a multitude of activities from the swiming pool, bicycles, kayak, SUP (stand up paddle board) surfboard, beach toys and chairs etc, 50in HD cable TV and Wii games downstairs, a hot tub to relax in after a hard day vacationing, as well as a wealth of local knowledge from where's best to eat great seafood to nightlife or local events happening. She cooked up a storm to provide all the guests with a great July 4th cookout followed by guided fireworks tour in nearby Avon. The beautiful beach is only a couple of blocks away and provides a great place for a family day out or beach stroll in the evening. Breakfast is coffee (or tea), cereal, toast, bagels and sometimes some of Ann's delicious home made muffins or cinnamon apple cake(think thats what it was..mmmmm..) and is upstairs in the kitchen or on the deck if not too hot. I spent any windy days kiteboarding just 5 mins down the road by car, and my wife enjoyed relaxing by the pool and reading on the hammocks on the middle deck. A great place to stay for couples families or even the lone traveller (as accomodation in this area for just a room can be challlenging to say the least) and we met some wonderful people whilst there, but never felt it was over crowded. I could keep going but hey, come and find out for yourself, you won't regret it, we will also be back again, if not this year, next summer for sure..
PS, don't forget about a glass of wine with the owner on the top deck to watch the sunset, cool...

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jerome237
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I was going to book last year for our family's trip to NC and decided to cancel a month ahead of the trip because the accommodations did not fit our needs. I nicely told Anne I was canceling and she was absolutely nasty and hateful. She sent me several disrespectful messages because I cancelled (mind you I have never met this woman in my life) and only talked to her briefly about her home. She was not professional and took the cancellation as a personal attack, which it was not whatsoever, we just ended up having to find a location closer to a wedding we were attending.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank megmPhoenix_AZ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Salvo
Hatteras Island Inn Buxton
#4 of 6 in Buxton
Cape Pines Motel
Cape Pines Motel
#2 of 6 in Buxton

Been to Sea La Vie Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!