“we weere so tired”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Sanford
ohio
“we weere so tired”
Reviewed 10 October 2007

Very clean, breakfast very good, staff very friendly

• Liked — lots of pillows
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
NC
Reviewed 19 December 2006

I would not recommend this location to anyone with children. When I arrived, a large group of men who evidently were long term residents there were grilling outside. I requested but couldn't get a room change although hotel was not nearly filled to capacity. I was very uncomfortable being that they were loud and I was arriving alone before my children arrived with their father later that evening. They did quiet down early though and were not rude or inappropriate when I had to walk by them.

The room was dirty, wallpaper peeling in bathroom, no mat for floor or shower. There was feces or something which stained the bathroom wall which was another reason I requested a new room. Overall, it was not a clean room and normally I would have just left and demanded my money back. There was no working hair dryer, no iron or ironing board, and a missing remote for the TV. I called twice about these items and never got them. The linens were probably clean BUT very worn and needed to be replaced just because of age and being so worn out. The blanket was too worn to be considered appropriate for a paying hotel guest. The following morning, although they did have a good breakfast selection, it was later than we'd been told starting and I did not get to try any of it because of a business committment that morning.

I was given a room on the back by the woods which was more dark and isolated. I would have been much more comfortable with a room near the front of the building or at least closer. I had to walk in the dark down two breeze ways, past an empty out building with dark areas around it and along another open area to reach the ice machine. I don't recall about the ac/heating unit as to whether it worked or not.
Overall, with using my discount rate, I found out the next day, I could have stayed at a much higher quality hotel for only 15 dollars more.
In an emergency, I guess it works, but would not stay here again.

• Liked — Front desk staff very friendly at check in. However, they could not seem to provide items requested later or to change room when requested.
  • Disliked — Room dirty, linens worn out
  • Tips/Secrets — Fine for longterm stay for people working in area...ie construction workers just needing bed to crash in etc.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 12 August 2005

Nice place when driving through. Not enclosed, but rooms not directly on highway. clean, curtious staff and price was right. Include good continental breakfast.

2 Thank mypaul
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 May 2004

We choose this hotel because we have always had a good experience with Comfort Inns. When we arrived I was told I had lost my reserved room because it was after 6pm - even though I had given the "800" reservations a credit card so that I would be assured of a non-smoking room for my late arrival.
I was given a room that was supposed to be non-smoking but set off my asthma. There were cobwebs hanging from the walls - which I was told there was nothing that could be done since they were full and housekeeping had already left. The carpets were dirty. The bedspread had burn holes and the drawers to the nightstands had cigarette ashes in them. There was only one washcloth in the room, and of course there were no more to be had since housekeeping had already left.
Breakfast consisted of underdone bacon and cereal.
Needless to say we checked out every early the next morning. When checking out the person behind me asked if my room was dirty also - they had dirty socks in theirs.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 August 2003

Nice clean rooms at great rates. Good breakfast too.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sanford
Holiday Inn Express Sanford
Comfort Suites Sanford
#3 of 8 in Sanford
Baymont Inn & Suites Sanford
Hampton Inn & Suites Holly Springs

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!