“Fleabag Motel”

Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Sanford
Chiang Mai
“Fleabag Motel”
Reviewed 31 May 2010

I've stayed in better places for half the price. Musty rooms, cigarette burns in the carpet even though you are staying in a non-smoking room, no hot water, cockroaches, construction and hammering at 8:30 am on Memorial Day holiday. What's not to love. There are a few other motels in town. Stay there instead.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Yankeevet

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 2 December 2009

2 story property, all exterior rooms, no elevator. Lobby is in a separate building. Check in was quick and smooth, nice lobby but the area behind the check in desk was cluttered.
Room was fairly clean, but you could tell they definitely don't go the extra mile. Had to plug in my laptop behind the dresser, looked like no one had ever cleaned behind it. Mildew on the wallpaper that bordered the top of the shower stall. Bedspread looked like it needed cleaning, if not replacing. My room had a king size bed with a couch; couch was filthy.
Bed and pillows were comfortable enough. Room had hair dryer, coffee maker. TV channel lineup fairly limited, but did have Showtime. Wi-Fi worked well. Good breakfast, eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, waffle, pastries/bagels/toast, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. Very good OJ. If management would pay a little more attention to details and spruce the place up a bit it could be a pretty good hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank rocknrun
galena
Reviewed 24 June 2008

I was there for a wedding party. When I checked into my room, the first thing I noticed was the carpet was not vacummed and the table was sticky and dirty. That didnt bother me as much as the blood stain sheets that were put on the bed. I asked for new linean and housekeeping came right away with fresh sheets. As I continued to inspect the room, there was blood stain on the back of the bathroom door and ceiling. ( I wont go into details about the amount of mold that covered the tub and wallpaper) I was so outdone with the amount of blood everywhere that I went to the local family dollar store and purchased wipes and lysol to disinfect the room myself. I wonder if this room was a crime scene. That was the bad part.
The good part. The staff is absolutely wonderful, from the front desk to the housekeeping department. Everybody was very accommadating and the breakfast was plentiful and delicious. I really enjoyed the "fresh" eggs that were served( I usually see powered or liquid when I travel)

The outdoor pool was a nice place for the family to gather and socialize and over all it really was a nice and pleasant stay(once we got the room cleaned to our satisfaction). If it wasnt for the outstanding service I wouldnt recommend this property based on the condition of the room.

• Liked — Service
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008
Traverse City, MI
Reviewed 15 November 2007

We were coming to Sanford to stay for a couple of days and booked with this hotel because we had, had good experiences with the Comfort/Quality Inns in the past. When we arrived it looked iffy and the lobby stunk, but the lady at the desk was pleasant and helped us with the rate that we had received at hotels.com saying that it was unreasonable for the room and gave us a $10.00 per night discount.
The hotel was fully booked with construction workers and when we parked our car there was a man looking out of his room window and staring at us (while fully naked) that was unnerving so we moved our car to a different spot.
We got to our room and it was cold and it smelled musty. My husband turned on the heater and it was smoky, smelled like it was burning and set off the fire alarm. Later, in about an hour, it worked and didn‘t smell as bad. There were stains on the walls that looked like red and blue cool-aid the carpet was sticky and stained, and the TV. remote was also sticky.
The next day we noticed in the bathroom that the towel rack was practically falling off the wall and there were hairs in the shower that were left from the previous occupant.
We called around and everyone else was booked as well, but we had business to do in town so we had to stay for another day.
They advertised free wifi and I have never had a problem with getting an internet connection with my laptop, but even after calling their 24-7, 1-800 help-line they said that there wasn’t anything they could do and it must have been a problem with my computer!
All in all it was a good rate and the help was pleasant but, if you are like me, and like to stay in a clean room with in a “family friendly” atmosphere. I would not recommend staying at this hotel!

• Liked — friendly staff
  • Disliked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank helpfulhotelhoppers
ohio
Reviewed 10 October 2007

Very clean, breakfast very good, staff very friendly

• Liked — lots of pillows
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
NC
Reviewed 19 December 2006

I would not recommend this location to anyone with children. When I arrived, a large group of men who evidently were long term residents there were grilling outside. I requested but couldn't get a room change although hotel was not nearly filled to capacity. I was very uncomfortable being that they were loud and I was arriving alone before my children arrived with their father later that evening. They did quiet down early though and were not rude or inappropriate when I had to walk by them.

The room was dirty, wallpaper peeling in bathroom, no mat for floor or shower. There was feces or something which stained the bathroom wall which was another reason I requested a new room. Overall, it was not a clean room and normally I would have just left and demanded my money back. There was no working hair dryer, no iron or ironing board, and a missing remote for the TV. I called twice about these items and never got them. The linens were probably clean BUT very worn and needed to be replaced just because of age and being so worn out. The blanket was too worn to be considered appropriate for a paying hotel guest. The following morning, although they did have a good breakfast selection, it was later than we'd been told starting and I did not get to try any of it because of a business committment that morning.

I was given a room on the back by the woods which was more dark and isolated. I would have been much more comfortable with a room near the front of the building or at least closer. I had to walk in the dark down two breeze ways, past an empty out building with dark areas around it and along another open area to reach the ice machine. I don't recall about the ac/heating unit as to whether it worked or not.
Overall, with using my discount rate, I found out the next day, I could have stayed at a much higher quality hotel for only 15 dollars more.
In an emergency, I guess it works, but would not stay here again.

• Liked — Front desk staff very friendly at check in. However, they could not seem to provide items requested later or to change room when requested.
  • Disliked — Room dirty, linens worn out
  • Tips/Secrets — Fine for longterm stay for people working in area...ie construction workers just needing bed to crash in etc.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed 12 August 2005

Nice place when driving through. Not enclosed, but rooms not directly on highway. clean, curtious staff and price was right. Include good continental breakfast.

2 Thank mypaul