“Lovely, quiet place in the mountains”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sapphire
GreenLeadersBronze level
Georgia
“Lovely, quiet place in the mountains”
Reviewed 26 October 2012

This Hampton was nice, quiet and peaceful. Beautiful location. Staff very helpful and friendly.
Breakfast did not have as many choices as some but was sufficient. We realized that we had
no cell service here (AT&T) though. But would stay there again any time we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay. I can understand your frustratation when traveling and entering into an area that does not have cell phone coverage. Cell phone coverage has improved in this area over the past 5 years and hopefully the cell companies will continue to update and expand their coverage areas to include our secluded area of the mountains. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Raleigh
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Sitting directly across from a luxury condo resort in this small town, the Hampton Inn is really the only choice for the traveler. The high ceilings and fireplace in the lobby are inviting, and the hot breakfast is excellent. The rooms are comfy, but it was the indoor pool and hot tub that I really enjoyed.

Room Tip: pick a room facing the road; otherwise you will be looking up close at a hill
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank JohnSu90
Thank you for your recent stay at Hampton. I am pleased that you thought highly of our common areas and recreational facilities. At Hampton we strive to provide a relaxing place while you are touring the area. We look forward to your next visit. And thanks again for your comments.
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This Hampton Inn was what you expect with the comfy beds and nice people at check in. The building itself had a more personality than most Hampton Inns. Breakfast seemed like it may have a few less choices than some Hampton Inns, but they still had plenty. I would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this review, 21 October 2012
I am pleased to hear that you thought highly our of Hampton Hotel. We strive to make each guest experience a pleasant one. We look forward to your next visit.
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 11 October 2012

I first stayed at the Hampton Inn Cashiers when I came to the mountain for a job interview. Besides the fact that my AT&T based cell phone got no coverage on the mountain, my stay was delightful. Clean room, wi fi, continental breakfast, gorgeous location. The good news is I got the job and now place guests of our Country Club, at the Hampton Inn. The staff is always friendly and our customers are very pleased when they stay there. The hotel is close to a couple of restaurants and yet sits high on a hill of winding Highway 64. It fits well with the mountain. I highly recommend this property. If you're headed this way, bring your VERIZON cell phone!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this review, 14 October 2012
First of all, Congratulations on your job! I wish you well in your new adventure. I am also pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay despite the lack of AT&T cell towers. That can be frustrating. I appreciate the referrals that will come our way. It takes the everyone in the community to help the community prosper. Again, Congratulations!
Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed 2 October 2012

What a peaceful and serene location. This hotel is located about 5 miles east of Cashiers. Although it is right off the road it has a feeling of remoteness and seclusion. The staff is very friendly, rooms large and clean. The Breakfast is typical for the Hampton Hotels, nice variety of hot and cold foods. There are two places to eat close to the Hotel but one can drive a few miles to Cashiers where there are more restaurants. Coming from the west it is a little confusing as there are not any signs until you pass the hotel. There is a sign out front noticable from the east. All in all this is a must stay while in the area. We would highly recommend to our friends.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel or a higher level floor offers the best views.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this review, 7 October 2012
Thank you for the recommendation! I am so glad to hear that you think so highly of our hotel. We strive to provide every traveller with the services/amenites that he/she has become accustomed to while choosing to stay at Hampton Hotels. Come stay again with us soon!
Wake Forest, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed here for three nights while visiting various locations in the area. The hotel was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was fine; each morning the hot portion varied: eggs and ham, eggs and sausage, hot bagel toppers. Staff were friendly. My daughter and I basically used this as a resting point; never made it to the pool, etc. We would spend the day out and about. I selected this hotel even though it was a bit out of the way of the places we planned to visit because of the reviews: my priorities were safety and cleanliness. We upgraded to a suite using reward points, but I think that was a waste of points. The sofa was directly in front of the beds . (I had thought it might to to the side of the beds so that I could work in the early AM without disturbing my daughter. I used the work desk instead.) My daughter loved the idea of the indoor pool, but we never made it. There is a food store/gas station nearby. I strongly suggest visiting White Water Falls (about 15 minutes away) beautiful views!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this review, 29 September 2012
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay at our Hampton hotel in Sapphire Valley. We strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms as well as a hearty and tasty On The House Breakfast. We definately have an abundant amount of waterfalls and hiking trails in the area. Whitewater falls in one of the most popular, in fact it is the highest in the eastern US! We look forward to your next visit .
Georgia
Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

A Hilton brand Hampton Inn is what it is. Yet, This hotel delivers ALL. A "5 star" joy just because of location, location, location. ALL of it with a white glove clean property. The Rocking chair on a mountain view porch made my first stop an easy choice. Bring your plessure. You have to take a spiritual moment to realize how Blessed you are to be able to enjoy a quiet few moments in the beauty of it all. Do you need to hear more? My glass is always more than half full and I would not allow a less than perfect thought aboout this Wonderful, Wonderful place.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank dukeusa1
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this review, 20 September 2012
I am excited to hear that you have discovered our little slice of heaven. We do strive to have clean comfortable rooms for every guest, every day. Mother Nature loves to show off her handiwork for everyone to enjoy. Thank you so much for your kind comments and we hope you will visit us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sapphire
The Park On Main Hotel
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages
Brook Trout Inn
Brook Trout Inn
#1 of 2 in Sapphire

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley? Share your experiences!