“Wonderful hotel. But not really near town.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Sapphire
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My family really enjoyed this hotel. Our room was really nice - better than any other Hampton we've stayed in. The staff was very helpful. The pool and hot tub were cute those we didn't use them. The internet worked all weekend. Breakfast was very good. We didn't have a mountain view room, but had a good view anyway. BUT we had not realized was a big deal a driving 10 miles on those roads would be to get to something. As nice as this was, next time we'll stay closer to town.

Room Tip: Studio with 2 queens and pull out sofa is very nice.
Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

I am glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us at Hampton. I can understand your reasoning that you you would rather stay closer to town. We are in a rural area of the mountains and it does require some driving to get to some of the activites and restaurants. But I hope that you would consider us again in the future. Thank you for posting your comments.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Well positioned in Cashiers and close to many mountain venues: skiing, restaurants, hiking trails and just natural beauty. Lives up to the high Hampton Inn standards. Enjoyed our stay and would recommend this hotel to others easily.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

I was pleased to hear that you felt we are living up to the High Standards of the Hampton brand. We strive everyday to provide you with clean comfortable surroundings and a warm, friendly staff. Our area does boast a lot of natural beauty and her own attractions. There is so much to do in our area. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Great experience for a short Cub Scout ski weekend. I must say that everyone that I encountered working at this hotel was super kind & courteous. We had a large group of Cub Scouts & families, & things could not have run smoother. Rooms were clean, & beds comfortable, breakfast was what you expect of a Hampton Inn - not gourmet, but a little something for everyone, & the kids loved it. One perk was that hot coffee & hot cocoa sat out all day - great for when we returned from skiing. Kids really enjoyed the heated pool in the evening. Overall great experience, & we would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

I am pleased to hear that your family enjoyed the cub scout ski weekend. At Hampton Inn & Suites-Cashiers/Sapphire Valley we want to provide a place where families can feel like they are at home. I appreciate that you have taken time out to post your experience while staying at Hampton. And we look forward to your return visit too!

Reviewed 12 February 2014

The exterior meets the mountain vibe on the outside but the inside is all hampton Inn. A very consistent experience. Comfortable beds and furnishings and a clean quiet environment. Great place to stay while in the area for those wanting a corporate hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

I am glad to hear that you felt our exterior had a 'mountain vibe'. While building the hotel our owners felt the outside needed to fit in with our surroundings. We do strive to provide a consistant Hampton experience and am pleased you felt we had achieved this. Thank you for posting your comments! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

This Hampton Inn is very well run - and the staff is extremely courteous - the rooms and lobby are well maintained - and best of all, it is in a wonderful location - the mountains of western North Carolina!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experiences while staying at our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you found our staff courteous and that the hotel was well maintained. At Hampton Inn & Suites-Cashiers/Sapphire we strive to provide clean comfortable rooms with a friendly helpful staff. We look forward to a return visit. Thanks again for sharing!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

This is a lovely hotel nestled on the side of the mountain and conveniently located across the street from the ski slopes, 3 minutes to Cashiers and 20 minutes to Highlands. It is clean and has a warm atmosphere for arriving guests. The breakfast is typical for Hampton Inns and complimentary, always a plus. These are the reasons to stay here. But... The indoor pool is beautiful for a Hampton Inn but chilly. The lobby is large and accommodating with its big stone fireplace but only one leather sofa. Perhaps they could add a couple comfy chairs. The beautiful lobby is only open during the afternoons and evening. Hotel-provided internet is available but cellular service is sketchy throughout. The night clerk can always be located in the business center on the internet but I watched her hand a plunger to a guest who had a clogged toilet instead of fixing it on behalf of the hotel. He was stunned as I was. Again, a beautiful hotel, warm atmosphere and convenient location. We used HH points and cash combo which turned out to be a great deal but they have a few minor hospitality kinks to work out. I would consider staying here again if they worked out the hospitality kinks.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found several aspects of our hotel warm and inviting, but I am disappointed that you felt our hospitality had kinks. I do appreciate it when customers tell me what is going on so I can address the issues so that no one else has to experience any 'hospitality kinks'. I have spoken to my staff and have addressed the issues you had mentioned. I hope you give us a try again in the future. And again, thank you for sharing. We learn and improve from feedback.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel is great. I have stayed here on three separate occasions and each time I leave, I am glad that I chose the hotel. The staff are very friendly and can point out things to do in and around Sapphire / Cashiers.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mlanning, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

I was pleased to hear that you have chosen to stay with us the past three times you were in the area. We do strive to provide clean, comfortable rooms and friendly service. I am happy that you have found us to meet your expectations every time. Thank you for taking the time to post your travel experiences. I look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sapphire
Highlands Inn
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
200 Main
200 Main
#3 of 7 in Highlands
Mitchell's Lodge & Cottages, Inc.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Cashiers-Sapphire Valley? Share your experiences!